Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Not following rules....WTF?
Quote | Reply
So I have been checking into TNO cause I posted there about the Midwest Mixer...what the fuck is up with them? Seems they all have an excuse for something and everything..."I am going to go to X race but I didnt train so it is not my fault if I am slow" seems to be a theme there...oh and "I am very scared, nervous...blah blah blah" - from a person who has over 1000 posts, how many posts till you are not a newbie anymore? Some guy wanted to know if at the Mixer we had schwag bags and prizes! Am I the only one who finds them kinda pathetic...I think that you should have to graduate out of TriNewbie status at some point...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Last edited by: Record10Carbon: Jun 20, 06 14:31
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll tell you what is kinda pathetic... your anti-newbie/TNO/TNT rants... who died and made you king?
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anti TIT...sure am. I love it when I hear fat women at a race telling that they are not there for the "Type A competition of the race and are there for a better purpose"...um, no...it is a race. They should follow the same rules as the rest of us. If they dont, they should be DQ'ed and asked to leave the course. That simple. The rules are in black and white and include "no drafting", "no blocking" and "no outside support". Pretty simple english there if they were to bother to read them, and god forbid abide by them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you seen http://beginnertriathlete.com/default.asp

--------
Canadian resident again 10/31/2009
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did however come up with a solution to the TIT folks blocking courses, getting outside support and blatant drafting. If there is an RD out there who would put on a half for people who just want to do a half, to do the distance, who are not there to break any record but their own. This would be a swim of proper distance that starts from 7am till 8am...each persons time starts when they cross the mat, and stops when they get out of the water. They they ride their bikes, draft legal and have to do a set course, same for the run. Transition times are not counted and every one who gets to the finish line within a specified period will get a medal and tee shirt.

I really think that this format would work well for allot of people who are a bit intimidated by the race aspect of some of the courses out there. It would be more like a club century or what not, only in a triathlon format.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or they could follow Dev's advice and just put on thier own race. Heck...he almost does a half IM by riding 90k before a half marathon that he is the pace bunny for in Ottawa every May. If Ottawa was a little warmer, I am sure he would get in the lake first thing!

TIT....those people are a little wacko!

--------
Canadian resident again 10/31/2009
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just because TNO banned SMU/Satori first and sent him over here is no reason to rag on the whole forum.

And the goodie bag response looks like a joke. Humor, ha ha kind of stuff. Lighten up Francis.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Some guy wanted to know if at the Mixer we had schwag bags and prizes! Am I the only one who finds them kinda pathetic...I think that you should have to graduate out of TriNewbie status at some point...

If you were around more often, you'd know that 'YaHey' is a bit of a troll and makes dumbass posts like that. We're not all THAT stupid over there.. just most

btw.. I have over 2200 posts and I still don't know how to put on my wetsuit ;)
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont forget Mjuric too...there were a few others...LOL....I remember when that all happened. Them were some funny posts.

Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [PBnJen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did not mean to post the word "them" and should have use the word "that". Sorry to imply it was all of you all.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe they were just giving strange responses due to the bonking incurred after their "long day" of a 1200 yard swim and 6 mile Jeff Galloway run/walk.

A 6 mile run/walk without a fuel belt is just asking for death.

I'd take the next 3 days off training just in case they're on the edge of the over-training abyss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Some guy wanted to know if at the Mixer we had schwag bags and prizes! Am I the only one who finds them kinda pathetic..."

I thought it was fairly obvious that YaHey was kidding. If you don't have any sense of humor, I suppose you would indeed have trouble with TNO.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anti TIT...sure am.

You guys should really be more nurturing to the TITs and newbies. Let them suckle your knowledge.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a little nervouse here....but I'm doing HHH this weekend...and I'll be very slow, it'll be hot ya know....and I really haven't trained and stuff.

Honestly....I haven't trained much....and I will be slow...don't really care though.

~Matt

BTW...Are there gonna be goodie bags? I think I won a box of tropical Carb Boom gel 2-3 years ago I could donate to the cause. Maybe the insoles from a couple of old bike shoes too.
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newbies, agreed (I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone on ST who is has blasted any newbies).

However with TIT I think that the mass of them dont want to abide by the rules as had been stated in another posters thread some months back. They see their cause as being more important than the rules of the stated course or race that they happen to be participating in. This is not something that I am the only one noticing, there have been reports from all over (I am thinking Wildflower was a funny one but may be wrong). Maybe if someone from TIT was to get a call from USAT or IMNA, but I doubt that would happen as they are paying to enter the races and can make up a large number of folks on the course.

Last edited by: Record10Carbon: Jun 16, 06 11:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've said this before and I will say it again. If you are elite enough that some people on the course blocking you slows you down enough to completely ruin your race, then you should race in the elite/pro wave. If you aren't that fast, then you should work on other aspects of your racing, because those will make a much bigger difference than trying to get around packs of new people who are racing for a cause other than their own.
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've said this before and I will say it again. If you are elite enough that some people on the course blocking you slows you down enough to completely ruin your race, then you should race in the elite/pro wave. If you aren't that fast, then you should work on other aspects of your racing, because those will make a much bigger difference than trying to get around packs of new people who are racing for a cause other than their own.

Wait a second....an intelligent response that advocates training!

This is not in the spirit of slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What if RDs implement a TIT wave which would be at the end of the pack and that way they wouldn't get in anyone's way.

I haven't experienced any problems in races with TIT and even tagged onto a small TIT group on a open water swim last week (I didn't know that they were TIT until afterwards). I along with others have numerous experiences with TIT over crowding (taking up the entire width) running/cycling paths. That's a bit annoying but not the end of the World.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean people at ST never get nervous before a race? Wow. I should start spending all my time over here then. Do I have to buy a cervelo and make a post about how good looking a certain someone's wife is?

Holy Smoke! I'm feeling faster already. But suddenly I'm feeling the urge to criticize the bike position of someone who is way faster than me.
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every other week we have a "roadies are snobs" thread...and then stuff like this comes around definitively proving that triathletes are just as bad.

God forbid those of us who have been doing the sport for a while encourage someone who is new or someone raising money to fight a disease that has probably touched the life of everyone on this forum in some way.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone has excuses! My friends say its to cold to ride, its raining, bla bla bla. This morning I was on the trainer and my wife comes down and asks me how I could train in the basement with the ceilings so low.......WHAT? No wonder her nice new Saeco Cannondale has been hanging in the garage for the last 3 years. like the geniuses at Nike say "JUST DO IT!"

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At Florida they were six across and many deep on the bike at some points...blocking quite a few of us on one climb in particular where are options were to go 9mph behind them (in the draft zone), or go into the oncoming lane of traffic - this is what myself and a number of others did. All in purple...no wondering who they were

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like this is an RD issues, meaning where were the marshall's?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Walkers in the front half of a large 5k/10k/half. Lined up in a row just yakking away...

"Can’t I just start alone? I don’t need a team. All I need is a mechanic and a car!"-Jens Voight http://velonews.competitor.com/...lgem-and-more_108891 "
Last edited by: remnfa: Jun 16, 06 13:54
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did mention to a woman (Michelle) that it was not a draft legal event - she was in a group of TIT. She told me that she was there to participate and was not in a race. I think that the Marshals dont do anything about them as their finish time wont have any effect on qualifying nor any prize purse. While I understand that an RD cant have a Marshal babysitting everyone on the course, and that more efforts should go into the FOP and Pro races...it is no excuse. At the end of the day I think that these folks may be going into the race knowing that they have no intentions to abide by the rules as they are clearly stated.

Again, this is where it comes in that maybe TIT needs to put on their own events?

Quote Reply

Prev Next