Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not another cancelled Ironman refund thread
Quote | Reply
Ironman Cascais & Ironman 70.3 Cascais in Portugal, both cancelled a week or so ago after being rescheduled for a date in November.

I’d signed up for the 140.6, a brand new race having raced the 70.3 the past 3 years, amazing venue and a really honest course.

I’ll cut a long story short , instead of just a transfer option athletes have been offered a voucher to the full value of their entries to spend anywhere in Europe or Middle East on a race entry.
There’s very few downsides and if you don’t use the voucher by December 2021? You get your money back on December 31 2021.

Within 24 hours of asking for the voucher I was able to enter 2x70.3s, Weymouth & Barcelona, there was a price difference of c£100 in cost, Ironman waived it.

Can’t say fairer than that. Maybe it’s a Portuguese legal thing who knows, whatever it is it’s a better solution for athletes than just a straight swap out.
Quote Reply
Re: Not another cancelled Ironman refund thread [Pathfinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is doing things right.

It may not help those of us who already transferred to a race we don't really want to race, but this makes it easier to register for future races.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply