Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine
Quote | Reply
Here is a FB post he shared to his followers today, and the podcast he refers to at the end:

Quote:
2017 has brought me from the most amazing highs to the lowest of the low in my career as a professional triathlete. I have been struggling over the last several months with finding a way to share to my fellow competitors, my family and the triathlon community that after finishing 5th place at Ironman Lake Placid this year I am facing doping allegations. 7 weeks after an I competition drug test I was notified by the WTC of an adverse analytical finding in my A sample. The test showed Positive for an anabolic agent called “Ostarine” a banned substance that I had not ever heard of until that moment. The weeks and months after have revealed much to me about Ostarine and how it is finding it’s way into what you and I would call, clean or safe supplements. You may be asking how I had tested positive? Well after hiring legal consult and sending my supplements in for independent testing I now know where the positive test came from. I cannot say what product because of legal reasons but what I can say is that Ironman world champions have used this product. This is a well known and established company and one of its products was contaminated with an illegal performance enhancing drug. If you are a professional athlete and using a salt supplement to replenish lost electrolytes, STOP! My case has yet to be decided by the WTC but essentially I am facing a ban from racing even though I can prove a supplement I was taking was contaminated. The rules are: Regardless of negligence, fault or intent the athlete is responsible for what is in their bodies. I want to warn as many of my fellow athletes as possible about the very real hazards of sport supplements because it has become apparent to me that there is no real way to ensure what you are using is clean or safe.

In just the last few weeks the FDA has released warning statements about Ostarine affecting your health and we have seen Lauren Barnett another professional athlete file suite against the supplement company that sold her a supplement contaminated with Ostarine.

I figured it was time to share with the public the truth about my positive test and last week finally sat down with my coach Colin Cook and Elliot Kawaoka to discuss in detail the terrifying and real truth about failed drug tests and contaminated supplements.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [aeroyoost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish him good will but when will this stop?

Just salt.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [aeroyoost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

The test showed Positive for an anabolic agent called “Ostarine” a banned substance that I had not ever heard of until that moment.

My only thoughts on this are how can you have not heard about Ostarine. And settling lawsuits privately does the public no good, salt is that one supplement that you just can't kick to the curb.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Quote:

The test showed Positive for an anabolic agent called “Ostarine” a banned substance that I had not ever heard of until that moment.

My only thoughts on this are how can you have not heard about Ostarine. And settling lawsuits privately does the public no good, salt is that one supplement that you just can't kick to the curb.

THIS!

As one of those people who is an "Uber sweater", without taking salt during races I tank in a really really horrific way.

Id really like to know which supplement it is, because I use salt supplements all the time, training and in racing. It would suck to get popped for something that would have been preventable by just switching brands.

I know I can't be alone in this
Last edited by: davejustdave: Dec 8, 17 19:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is complete crap everyone! I actually took ostarine in a liquid solution for a few weeks. I took it with an eye dropper. It's a decently effective supplement for performance and looks. In my opinion, there is no way that an effective does of ostarine could be mixed in with a normal dose of salt/electrolytes. I hope readers who are not familiar with ostarine don't take this clown's excuse seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [ECamp23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you assume the effective dose and the dose required to trigger a doping sanction are the same thing? Especially if it's something they were taking during a race, and tested right after. In light of the recent lawsuit I think it's fairly clear that it's possible for this to happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Why do you assume the effective dose and the dose required to trigger a doping sanction are the same thing? Especially if it's something they were taking during a race, and tested right after. In light of the recent lawsuit I think it's fairly clear that it's possible for this to happen.

No.
The dose that is 'effective' is detected by the test. That is what they test for and not for spurious contamination or traces:

If you are really interested:
http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/48/10/820.full

As stated on WADA's and USADA's websites, manufacturers add Ostarine to their products and may or may not obfuscate their presence.

https://www.usada.org/...ce-profile-ostarine/
https://www.usada.org/...ss-anabolic-agencts/

Hint: There are no "legal" anabolic steroids.

There are pharmaceutical grade electrolyte replacement products available.
For the price you pay for some of the hyped supplements, you should actually be provided with a QC sheet.
Last edited by: windschatten: Dec 8, 17 22:31
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably the salt supp well known for that "contamination." Stick w S caps, Saltsticks, BASE salt or Enduralytes and you'll be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't assume that at all. My point is that the amount of ostarine in a dose that will elicit a useful response is much larger than an electrolyte capsule or two. It just doesn't pass the common sense test at all. It seems a strange and unlikely strategy for an electrolyte capsule maker to taint their product with a minimally effective SARM. Just my two sense. The excuse is BS is the bottom line.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many companies even have lines of products that go through extra testing to make sure they are clean of banned substances.

And let me put my cynic hat on and think as a PED user:
- PED contamination is a legit defense in many cases and people get away with it;
- I'm sure I can find a list of known PED-contaminated supplements;
- I take X and get that supplement to point my finger at in case I get popped.

Btw, you could choose better than ostarine for endurance. Heh.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
The dose that is 'effective' is detected by the test. That is what they test for and not for spurious contamination or traces:

If you are really interested:
http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/48/10/820.full

That's not what that article says?
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Probably the salt supp well known for that "contamination." Stick w S caps, Saltsticks, BASE salt or Enduralytes and you'll be fine.

Isn't there a certification that supplement providers can get, to show their product is clean? I forgot what it is called....but many do not do have it due to increased manufacturing costs.

Does Salt Stick or BASE have this certification?

There are other pro's who have tested positive in the last couple of years that have also not revealed the source of contamination.....which to Thomas' point, does not help others out.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [ECamp23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ECamp23 wrote:
I actually took ostarine in a liquid solution for a few weeks. I took it with an eye dropper. It's a decently effective supplement for performance and looks.

Why did you take it? You have now admitted to doping...and what you took was effective. Do you race?
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

How do we know that it wasn't one of those products listed that was "contaminated"?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, ding ding. I don't race. I do think honest conversations are legitimate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Subject line is a little misleading. Testing positive was not an accident. Taking a contaminated supplement may have been an accident.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
How do we know that it wasn't one of those products listed that was "contaminated"?

We don't, for sure. But when USADA pretty definitively confirms that a contaminated supplement has led to a positive test they'll add the supplement to their supplement high risk list. You'll notice no "name brand" supplements on that list. (last I checked)

Again, this isn't 100%. There are probably legal entanglements that make it hard to add supplements to that list (USADA doesn't want to spend all its tiny little budget fighting lawsuits) and possibly cases where a name-brand supplement may have been contaminated, but USADA was unable to confirm it through independent testing.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

I said "probably." But I bet he didn't name the product knowing all sympathy would go out the window.
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Isn't there a certification that supplement providers can get, to show their product is clean? I forgot what it is called....but many do not do have it due to increased manufacturing costs.

There are other pro's who have tested positive in the last couple of years that have also not revealed the source of contamination.....which to Thomas' point, does not help others out.

and we're not going to speculate here in this thread either. speculating is not REVEALING. let us not associate BRAND names with GUESSES. you can write what you KNOW. not what you don't. if you want to speculate, fine, but not if you even hint at any particular brand.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Went through some supplements and found it. "GMP" - Sources from good manufacturing practice. Do supplements with this on them, insure they are not contaminated? It does say (internet) that to receive that rating/endorsment......the facility will not cross contaminate.

Not saying they are the products in question....but I do not see that on my BASE, Salt Stick or e-load containers. Is there a salt supplement that does have this rating?
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, I agree and absolutely understand why there should be no speculation on brands and this topic.
I did laugh though. Aren't almost all posts on Slowtwitch speculation?
;) Just saying.
That is how the triathlon market sells products. Otherwise we would all have the same fastest bike, wetsuit, helmet, and "legal" supplements.
Again, I know what your saying and agree.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Northeast Pro Lucas Pozzetta Accidentally Tests Positive for Ostarine [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe *WE*, as in our community, don't know this, but on the body building forums there are known knowns. Ostarine and the companies that peddle it are a thing in that world.

We also know that the trace amounts supposedly found in these supplements and the threshold for triggering the positive test are WAY different... ie. a positive test is for an order of magnitude or two more than what is claimed to be triggering these positives by the athletes in question.

Finally, we KNOW that many supplement companies are bullshit, and we should stick with the good ones regardless to what's on the Supplement 411 site.

Slowman wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

and we're not going to speculate here in this thread either. speculating is not REVEALING. let us not associate BRAND names with GUESSES. you can write what you KNOW. not what you don't. if you want to speculate, fine, but not if you even hint at any particular brand.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Went through some supplements and found it. "GMP" - Sources from good manufacturing practice. Do supplements with this on them, insure they are not contaminated? It does say (internet) that to receive that rating/endorsment......the facility will not cross contaminate.

Not saying they are the products in question....but I do not see that on my BASE, Salt Stick or e-load containers. Is there a salt supplement that does have this rating?

here is your slowtwitch search for articles on this site that contain mention of cGMP.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who's known Lucas for many years (and gone from beating him to now being crushed by him) I feel real bad. He's a great guy, and this sounds like no fault of his own. Tainted supplements seem to be a growing problem. I know Lucas' coach Colin very well, and I know this is real hard for him too. I hope it ends up turning out right in the end.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cGMP stands for "current Good Manufacturing Practices" and is industry standard for the pharmaceutical industry. It is a way of working and set of guidelines for insuring safety of the product and that the product is exactly what you say it is. The FDA regulates against these GMPs. Following cGMPs insure no cross-contamination from other products manufactured in the same facility.

Supplements, in general, are not overseen by FDA. basically anything at GNC is caveat emptor. So if they made Ostarine on Monday, didn't clean the tank properly, then made whatever salt supplement on Tuesday, you are screwed.

You could see companies with lab resources generate a "CofA" or "CofC", a certificate of analysis/conformance that shows they tested the final product and it was as advertised. They will not show you the much more relevant cGMP cleaning protocol for equipment on the back of the box, LOL.
Quote Reply

Prev Next