Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Normatec Troubleshooting - Help Please
Quote | Reply
My Normatec system stopped working. It's brand new (the 2015 model, purchased in the last 2 months). I have had it not want to power on twice before, and in both cases, I unplugged the unit, disconnected the battery, reconnected the battery, and all was well.

Sadly, third time was not a charm and the unit will not power on.

The Normatec site is a bit thin for any kind of troubleshooting information. It's New Years day, which means they are closed, and I am unlikely to get through to anyone until Monday. I figured I would try this forum to see if anyone has had similar issue and what they did about it, or if this is simply a "wait and return it for manufacturer warranty."
Last edited by: watson79: Jan 1, 16 5:51
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec Troubleshooting - Help Please [watson79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following up on this. I will post my unbox and review at a later time, but wanted to give a shout out to the Normatec team. It's not often the CEO of any company reaches out to you, on New Years day, to find out how they can help solve your problem. He reads Slowtwitch, apparently.

It's unclear if there is a problem with the unit, or if this is just a really bad case of user error. We will leave it to the engineers to sort that out, but a huge hat tip to Gilad and the Normatec team for getting me a replacement unit on a holiday weekend. Honestly, I am blown away by the customer centricity of the team and company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got a Normatec system that has been suddenly stopping and saying Error 02 and then Error 01 when I restart it. It keeps stopping even though it will restart. I’m wondering if you still have contact info for a positive person, as I had one experience that wasn’t great in MA. Thanks for any help!!
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec Troubleshooting - Help Please [Suzanne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suzanne wrote:
I’ve got a Normatec system that has been suddenly stopping and saying Error 02 and then Error 01 when I restart it. It keeps stopping even though it will restart. I’m wondering if you still have contact info for a positive person, as I had one experience that wasn’t great in MA. Thanks for any help!!

I don’t have a contact but I had an issue with my power supply, I emailed their customer service address, real person answered me quickly and they mailed me a new I e (to asia) free if charge.

I suspect they will sort you out. Good customer service
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or does anyone else find it interesting that this thread has nearly 3500 views and only 3 comments?
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec Troubleshooting - Help Please [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone else find it interesting that this thread has nearly 3500 views and only 3 comments?

Not really, but something I did find interesting is that in my original Air Relax vs Normatec review, way back in 2016, I mentioned how the Pulse had a problem where it couldn't keep a battery charge. Yet of the many reviews or so that I watched and read, well I was seemingly the only person to mention the issue. Normatec actually updated the issue before the Pulse 2.0 in a very quiet update that wasn't really marketed IMHO. By and large the devices are incredibly reliable but all devices have problems. I have dropped my Pulse a few times from my bed that is a couple feet off the ground and they survived.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec Troubleshooting - Help Please [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My point is that it appears that many potential adopters are curious about the Normatec gear but are so hesitant to pull the trigger on the purchase (value judgement) based on cost and empirical effectiveness.

Normatec hasn't produced any data or objective information on the effectiveness of their product and many of us are genuinely curious if it works. If it was the 'cat's meow' it'd be a smashing success at any cost.

Anecdotally, it doesn't work for me. the argument against my anecdotal experience is that "If you'd only used it religiously, you'd see the benefits". Perhaps true but if I only used my $12 massage stick regularly, i'd see the same results is also true.

There's just no proof that Normatec works empirically.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
My point is that it appears that many potential adopters are curious about the Normatec gear but are so hesitant to pull the trigger on the purchase (value judgement) based on cost and empirical effectiveness.

Normatec hasn't produced any data or objective information on the effectiveness of their product and many of us are genuinely curious if it works. If it was the 'cat's meow' it'd be a smashing success at any cost.

Anecdotally, it doesn't work for me. the argument against my anecdotal experience is that "If you'd only used it religiously, you'd see the benefits". Perhaps true but if I only used my $12 massage stick regularly, i'd see the same results is also true.

There's just no proof that Normatec works empirically.

I think you would be surprised just how many people have bought boots, but how many people look at this thread / replies mean very little IMHO in regards to sales. Now with that being said, and I had a massage stick, and used it occasionally (I sold it), but never like I used boots and the reason why is because boots are a passive experience. It is really enjoyable to sit in boots and watch Sunday Football, or read, or watch Netflix, or catch up on emails. You actually look forward to the sessions. And the massage stick is quite a bit different than boots. The idea of boots is all about the lymphatic system, which overlaps somewhat with a massage stick, but mostly I would quickly use a massage stick say at a race site, after car travel, to quickly get the body loosened up a bit and it did an adequate job at that. But it doesn't work in a controlled and consistent bottom to top motion like boots.

I think everyone would like to see more studies. Myself included, but much longer studies following people for years and looking at things like total volume, injury risk, reoccurring injury risk etc. There are studies on Normatec btw. Here is one on increased range of motion.

Regardless the things athletes spend money on, hotels at the race venue, that are not going to help you have a better race are much bigger waste both in absolute and relative terms. And so is equipment. I am in the process of selling my Trek Speed Concept and it has lost like 80% of its value over a few years. Same thing applies to wheels and many others. They just don't hold their value well. I think what I am surprised by the lack of Normatec units used on eBay but the price they do command. It tells me people don't sell them.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My unit is 5 months old & won’t turn on. The customer service was not very helpful when I called to follow up. Was told they would get in touch with me later in the day. I have been instructed to return the unit and was told they don’t offer replacement units. I’m disappointed as my marathon is in 3 weeks & I have a 20 miler Saturday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to resurrect this one because I had an issue with my Pulse system not turning on suddenly and did a quick Google search to see if I could troubleshoot and this thread came up.

I ended up chatting with the Normatec/Hyperice customer service not sure if there was going to be anything they could do and not looking forward to arguing about how much I baby it and this shouldn't have happened. As it turns out, I was pleasantly surprised.

They emailed some troubleshooting but it was for testing the hoses and boots so with them still on, they got my serial number and info and immediately sent out a replacement (already on its way) and label for me to send the current unit. No hassle, no pushback, just excellent customer service. I've led service desks before and I would be so proud if this was my team.

As for effectiveness, I have a stick that rarely gets used because I'm too lazy but I use my Normatec religiously after runs longer than 10 miles. I haven't been on here much lately as I've focused more on marathon running and find I use it even more for running than I did cycling but probably just because I get more fatigued distance running.

As was already said, the passive nature to be able to do that while working on my laptop and the freshness I feel in my legs has not been duplicated by anything else I've tried. If I had to sell off equipment, my Normatec would be one of the last on my list even after most of my bikes and would be a sad day.

Because it works for me and their service is second to none, I'll be a customer for life.
Quote Reply