Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Norditrack Treadmills?
Quote | Reply
Are these any good? Anyone here with hands on experience? I see some really mixed reviews. I'm looking at the 2950 for my dad (I'm having a very hard time finding any treadmills in stock anywhere). Should I just order a Sole treadmill and wait the ~1 month and be done with it?
Quote Reply
Re: Norditrack Treadmills? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We love our Commercial 1750. Lionel Sanders uses one as well. He has it and a Woodway. Says the 1750 is his workhorse mill. He's done the bulk of his miles on this unit. It's $1,799 new with financing available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the commercial 1750 and have put about 500km on it. It’s very sturdy and holding up well. Nordictrack makes you sign up for their iFit account but I didn’t enter any credit card info. I’ve used cheaper treadmills in the past and this one just feels more rock solid and I enjoy running on it much more.
Quote Reply
Re: Norditrack Treadmills? [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
I have the commercial 1750 and have put about 500km on it. It’s very sturdy and holding up well. Nordictrack makes you sign up for their iFit account but I didn’t enter any credit card info. I’ve used cheaper treadmills in the past and this one just feels more rock solid and I enjoy running on it much more.

You get 12 months of free iFit, which my wife absolutely loves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely invest in a good commercial Nordictrack treadmill. As someone said, Lionel Sanders uses the 1750 as his workhorse though keep in mind he's rebuilt it several times (though his workload is obviously different). A treadmill that is well kept and maintained can easily last 15-20 years. I use a Precor 9.21i from 1997 as my workhorse and it lasted 15 years of light use before I inherited it and replaced the motor

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a nordictrack 11i treadmill with incline -6% to 40%
i love the ifit feature, because you can plan a route, and then save it, and then use it train with specific incline on your route. the treadmill shows either street view if available, or a map, and adjusts the hills accordingly.
i used it to train for a 50k, and programmed the steep hill sections.
Quote Reply
Re: Norditrack Treadmills? [WFPB Athlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'd seen some rough reviews so I was looking for the confidence to pull the trigger on one. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Norditrack Treadmills? [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of changing from my nordic track c1750 to this model how.do you find. The motor speed quality and noise, incline function above 15 %.
Do you find you ever go above 20% and if so is it basically walking.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C1750 nordic track paid $1900 canadain . Very good burnt out the motor after 2500 miles but got it covered under 5 year warranty.

I would buy it again over all the other $5000 plus models I have tried.

If you like the idea of hike and walk though I would look at a model with a 40% online option. To mix it up.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
Quote Reply
Re: Norditrack Treadmills? [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, above 20% is not really runnable for me, but some of my routes took me to about 25% i think, so that would be a power hike.
the noise is no problem, but my treadmill is in the basement.
check the height of your ceiling!
Quote Reply
Re: Norditrack Treadmills? [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What ht is a problem my ceiling is 8 ft.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the base of the treadmill is about 15". my ceiling is 85" and i cannot raise the treadmill all the way (and i had to place it in between the beams. oops) it works fine for me, i was not planning on going on a 40% incline anyway, but we had to move it.
i think 8ft will work, unless you are super tall.

it works great for my needs, i do 2 longer runs a week in the forest, and do my shorter runs at home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
C1750 nordic track paid $1900 canadain . Very good burnt out the motor after 2500 miles but got it covered under 5 year warranty.

I would buy it again over all the other $5000 plus models I have tried.

If you like the idea of hike and walk though I would look at a model with a 40% online option. To mix it up.

I'd think most treadmills featuring an incline over 15% would be getting quite specialized and into more of a niche market. 15% incline is substantial especially for any kind of running indoors.
Last edited by: WFPB Athlete: Jul 5, 20 1:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have the 1750 commercial.

I had a small issue early on (it was fixed under warranty) but did take a bit of time to get the part and schedule the repair.

Since then, its been great.
Quote Reply
Re: Norditrack Treadmills? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nordictrack treadmills are great. Great longevity generally. I prefer the manual treadmills on the market (Assault Runner, TrueForm, etc.).
Quote Reply
Re: Norditrack Treadmills? [WFPB Athlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The high incline is good for athletes doing sprint work, soccer, hockey etc.

Also hike simulation as alot of people want intensity but cant run so a 2 mph at 30 % is going to get a hiker going were a 5 mph speed walk wont.

Do running steady yes I agree 15 % is enough.

For intervals and hike efforts it was benefits at no extra costs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
The high incline is good for athletes doing sprint work, soccer, hockey etc.

Also hike simulation as alot of people want intensity but cant run so a 2 mph at 30 % is going to get a hiker going were a 5 mph speed walk wont.

Do running steady yes I agree 15 % is enough.

For intervals and hike efforts it was benefits at no extra costs.

Why not go hiking? I can't think of anything more boring than hiking on a mill. The whole point is enjoying nature. It's not like hiking is a competitive sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a 2950 for a couple of years now, and do >95% of my running on it. I've had zero problems with it, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend NordicTrack. One feature I really like is creating a mapped simulation of the run course of an upcoming race in iFit and then being able to pre-run the course on the TM. It will automatically control elevation based on the profile of the run course, which is nice, but the big thing is gettng the visual cues along the course and having recognizable landmarks on race day (i,e, "I remember that house, the turnaround is 1/2 a mile away...").
Quote Reply