Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote | Reply
Britney Spears marries childhood friend.

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AP) -- Pop star Britney Spears has marched down the aisle in Las Vegas, marrying a childhood friend from Louisiana, according to news reports.

http://www.cnn.com/...edding.ap/index.html

noooooooo my chances are lost (for the next 4 months or so, I don't think this marriage will last).
Quote Reply
Re: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I don't think this marriage will last"

Gee, why do you say that?

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Over before it started?? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, I briefly had some respect for her when I read this. I thought perhaps she had become introspective and began to value the love and faithfulness of a good person and went back to her beginnings to embrace a real love.

HAAA! That is the kind of thinking that gets me into trouble. She is as shallow and self serving to her own agenda as many marriage minded females: Sign up for the deal and see where it goes, if it doesn't look good, bail and restart. Repeat as necessary. God forbid somebody actually honored a commitment.

It appears she did this as a joke. It isn't funny. Marriage is a sacred thing, the most sacred between two people. It isn't to be taken lightly.

What the hell are people thinking? Personally, I wasn't that enamoured with her to begin with.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"For the next 4 monthes or so, I don't think it will last."

Hmmm, doesn't look like it lasted 4 hours. Now she says she's looking for anulment. What a dork.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... Ah yes, Tom... but you left out one crucial thing that defines her actions... She is very young and acts it.... nuf said.

FWIW Joe "glass casa & stones - don't mix" Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right Joe, but if an 18 year old man or woman can honor their commitment to their country to die in combat, why can't miss fancy pants honor her commitment to someone she walked the aisle with?

Because it doesn't suit her agenda. With a person like her (and a couple marriage minded females I have experienced) it is all about meeting the agenda: Her agenda. It's her way or the highway. Self -examination is not an option.

Realistically, for miss fancy pants, I think it was just a joke. That is even more pathetic.

Unbelievable.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's just one big marketing/PR ploy...sales are slowing of the new album...a madonna she is not (in talent or PR engine), but whomever is pulling the switches (I certainly don't think it's her)...is trying to create some buzz...

I wonder what the success (success = does not lead to a divorce) rate is of a Vegas marriage is...1/10.....1/20...1/50?
Last edited by: pjl: Jan 5, 04 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe she just wanted to stop living in sin for 4 hours. I'm sure none of us do that. ;)

jaretj

Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Personally, I wasn't that enamoured with her to begin with"

Yeah, I guess it would have been different for you if the news had been about Christina Aguilera.
Quote Reply
Re: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still reeling over Liza's breakup.
Quote Reply
Re: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]... Ah yes, Tom... but you left out one crucial thing that defines her actions... She is very young and acts it.... nuf said. [/reply]

Not to mention that when you get married in Vegas at 5:30am, there might be a little chemical encouragement for stupid and impulsive actions....