Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Noob mistakes by Frodo?
Quote | Reply
check out the cart load of low hanging fruit in this picture below, clearly jan is leaving too much free speed on the table and needs more time on slowtwitch

Photo from homepage by Eric Wynn

- helmet with visor
- horizontal extensions
-draft box interfering with wind turbulence around chainrings
-suit color too dark
- no discs to modulate braking
I assume he does have a powermeter but what else? Seat height? gatorskins? ridiculously long cranks? Skinny tires pumped up all the way? Chainrings too round? Pulleys too tiny?
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Oct 24, 19 10:49
Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
check out the cart load of low hanging fruit in this picture below, clearly jan is leaving too much free speed on the table and needs more time on slowtwitch

Photo from homepage

- helmet with visor
- horizontal extensions
-suit color too dark

I assume he does have a powermeter but what else? Seat height? gatorskins? ridiculously long cranks? Skinny tires pumped up all the way? Chainrings too round? Pulleys too tiny?

He only had to brake when he came into T2. I seem to recall a lot of arguments on ST that disc brakes add drag. For that matter, depending on the helmet, some do test faster with the visor. As the WR holder I think he's OK. I'm guessing you meant for this to all be in pink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of your points are ridiculous and I assume meant to be pink.

I was surprised to see he doesn't shave his arms though.
Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Theres a hairpin turn at hawi?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this whole post missing pink font?!
Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ‘
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3/10

lacticturkey wrote:

- helmet with visor
- horizontal extensions
-suit color too dark

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
higher hands helped your hands poke a hole in the air before it catches the chest cavity parachute right?

Perhaps this benefit negates when out of aero with high surface area custom bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:

- helmet with visor
- horizontal extensions
-suit color too dark

Probably done the most testing of anyone out there.

Talbot's video of the oakley press conference - addresses the dark suit - on purpose.
Helmet - involved in the development. It's fine I'm sure.
Horizontal extensions - I assume since he's not 45-49 Desert Dude approves.

The pulleys - I've noticed both he and Sebi - who both test a ton, and are very detail oriented - have not gone to the oversized pulley wheels so there's probably no advantage to them ultimately.

And I understand you were trying to be funny here - but Lionel and Sebi both are horizontal arms - probably not a coincidence...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:

But its on an uphill.....

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
All of your points are ridiculous and I assume meant to be pink.

I was thinking that as well

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has over-strengthened his peroneus, gastrocs, and soleus such that he has created an uneven surface. A nice round leg is more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And he has the timing chip on the outside of the ankle. Everyone knows that the most aero place is on the inside of the left ankle.
Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
He has over-strengthened his peroneus, gastrocs, and soleus such that he has created an uneven surface. A nice round leg is more aero.

Funny, there was a picture of him running from in front of him, up Palani, and his quads were so freaking skinny - he has to do triathlon because those bad boys violate the 3:1 ratio for sure! AeroAF as the kids say!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the only thin gi see wrong is the timing chip on his left leg, the chip should be either in front or behind not to the side, as it increases surface area more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
higher hands helped your hands poke a hole in the air before it catches the chest cavity parachute right?

Perhaps this benefit negates when out of aero with high surface area custom bars?

Frodo needs to learn from this guy.

Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:

The pulleys - I've noticed both he and Sebi - who both test a ton, and are very detail oriented - have not gone to the oversized pulley wheels so there's probably no advantage to them ultimately.

It's probably more to do with that both of them are sponsored by SRAM and running another brand OSPW would be breach of contract.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

But its on an uphill.....

Not steep enough to be able to slow down enough naturally. So yeah, 2 times over 180km where he touches the brakes

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there was at least a third time because in post race interview Frodo said that there was one harley that was too big to get out of the way on time

probably a hairy moment because in Frankfurt he ended up in the grass ditch, losing his bottles when the moto did the same around a corner there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL
x100 on the ā€˜No discs to modulate brakingā€™. Disc brakes for triā€™s are an overpriced joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any ā€˜Bike Breakdownsā€™ on Frodenoā€™s bike out there??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He rides short cranks too..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you left something about Sanders off the list as well. Certainly, Frodo's giving up time because he is worried about missing the latest st threads re sanders and all the savory nuggets they contain.
Quote Reply
Re: Noob mistakes by Frodo? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on, please do the jokešŸ˜
Quote Reply

Prev Next