Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No socks with Saucony Endorphin Shift/Speed/Pro
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Has anyone tried running any of the above without socks and if so what was your experience like?

Thanks.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: No socks with Saucony Endorphin Shift/Speed/Pro [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run in the endorphin speeds no socks in sprint and oly tris, no issues. Best no socks shoes I ever used are skechers, endorphins are close. By comparison kinvara I need socks. Not sure I would go sockless for a 70.3 or half marathon though.

Of course the problem with going sockless is you are running with everyone who ever ran before you in those shoes. And there's a chance of unplanned small shoes. But if you practise finishing early and pulling out you should be OK. Hot baths before hand help too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the endorphin pros. I've yet to race in them but have done some training in them barefoot with no issues other than they are somewhat difficult to get on with sticky sweaty feet.

President Team FeXY
http://www.teamfexy.org
Quote Reply
Re: No socks with Saucony Endorphin Shift/Speed/Pro [Kipstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same size with and without socks?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone tried running any of the above without socks and if so what was your experience like?

Thanks.

I have both and have always used socks. They can be a pain to get on sometimes so if your feet are wet that will make it even harder so you will have to account for that.
Quote Reply
Re: No socks with Saucony Endorphin Shift/Speed/Pro [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks for that :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hijack..but does anyone else find the endorphin speeds a bit hard going on the ankles?

Im pretty much a mid/fore foot striker, but i find the heal so soft that my ankles start to ache after a while...especially on easier runs. I've heard the pros are slightly more stable,but haven't tried them yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run in them without socks as I do in all of my running shoes and always cycle sockless in my bike shoes.
Either the Speed or Pro’s are giving me any issues although I prefer the Pro’s a bit more.
The heel is a bit soft but the Pro’s are about the most stable carbon plated shoes there are (with pebax based foam)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes - I run most of the time sockless. I have to keep onside with the family by keeping my shoes outside the house.

I don't have any issues with running sockless, but the tongue and area at the top of the foot is clearly not designed it, and can bunch up. You need to make sure the tongue is straight before you start - it you have sensitive feet that are prone to damage, I'd say go with socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Same size with and without socks?

For me yes but I use thin socks mostly. Quite hot and sweaty here
Quote Reply
Re: No socks with Saucony Endorphin Shift/Speed/Pro [Kipstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: No socks with Saucony Endorphin Shift/Speed/Pro [Hiphophopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hiphophopper wrote:
Sorry to hijack..but does anyone else find the endorphin speeds a bit hard going on the ankles?

Im pretty much a mid/fore foot striker, but i find the heal so soft that my ankles start to ache after a while...especially on easier runs. I've heard the pros are slightly more stable, but haven't tried them yet.

I have both. No ankle problems with the speeds and stability wise they are the same as the Pro's but they both fit a little bit different. The speeds are a tad bit roomier where the Pro's fit my narrow feet a little better. That "may" contribute to a feeling of more stability. I wish the Pro's had just a little more padding in the tongue like the speeds have. If you use a runners knot the laces can dig into the top of your foot when trying to get a lockdown in the Pro's .
Quote Reply
Re: No socks with Saucony Endorphin Shift/Speed/Pro [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The speeds are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever run in and one on the only ones that don't give me any hotspots or blisters. I just find that when I land, the heel is so soft that it offers very little support - this is especially noticeable on a cambered surface.

No issues at all when running fast though - unfortunately, I'm not a fast runner..!
Quote Reply