Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou
Quote | Reply
So I was reading this race report and it said that there didn't give away finisher's t-shirts at the end, you had to buy them?

What's the matter, not enough money in the entry fee for a t-shirt?
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTFU, Paulo ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean, seriously, you pay $500 for a race and you still have to buy your own finisher's t-shirt? That is just WRONG!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure it will all be used for bigger prize purses for the Pro's.

What are we up to like $15 and a IM mattress for the winners now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a similar note, the AG awards at LP this year were quite cheesy as compoared to past years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will never do Kentucky - Not only no shirts but it sounds like a swim in a fast moving sewer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally don't want a finishers shirt as I would not wear it anyway. But I know I am in a minority with this thought and I am sure it bummed a lot of folks who would wear it proudly. In Kona every year some folks would have nothing to wear if they would not get those shirts. It seems in some instances there the shirts are worn 3 days in a row. The evening of the race while watching the last finishers come in, the next day strutting through town and going to the awards, and of course the following day on the trip home.

:-)

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, no finishers T-Shirt but here is what you got:
Ironman bag
IM Louisville running cap
IM Lou T-Shirt
Finisher Sticker
Finisher Medal
Full size IM towel
Poster

.....maybe the shirt didn't say "finisher" but I got more than stuff in my registration materials than any other IM I have been to. It would have been nice to get a finisher T but it think it is probably one of the better event T shirts I have gotten. I still think it is funny because now everyone bitches about not getting the finisher T but most of the older ST threads regarding the finishers shirt the posters cop an attitude and wouldn't even admit to ever wearing it...I think several saying they turn it into their cleaning rags and what not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So I was reading this race report and it said that there didn't give away finisher's t-shirts at the end, you had to buy them?

What's the matter, not enough money in the entry fee for a t-shirt?

Paulo,

The depth and sincerity of your outrage on behalf of these slighted athletes is truly moving. I'm with you. WTC should be ashamed!

:)

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In June I did the Tin Man half iron distance event in Tupper Lake New York and got (along with all the other athletes) a Olympic Distance finishers medal. I e mailed the R.D. about this and got a quick apology about this matter and was assured that the mistake was that of the manufacture and that I would be getting the proper medal soon. OK, tomrrow is September first and still no medal. Well I would just put it in a old shoe box any way, but if R.D.s want to keep raising the cost of us abusing our selves for a few hours they should at least throw us some bones. Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next year, you'll have to pre-purchase drink/food tickets for your on course nutrition.
$4 - gatorade
$2 - water
$3 - gel

PREMIUM bike rack space can be purchased for $30.

Entrance to the finish line arch will be $5
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And for only 100 dollars (pre-paid of course) you can bring a family of four and 1 pet across the finish with you....

If you wait until the end of the race to decide there is a conveience fee of $200 more that will be charged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   Sorry, can't help stir up the discord. Even as a first timer, I'm with Herbert, and I have yet to wear anything that they gave. Total spent at expo $0.

ps. add to the list of gimmes the IM temp-tat. Think I'll sell mine on e-bay.

pps. OMG I'd love to be InsideOut Sports. The couple of times I stopped at Expo there were two solid lines of folks buying stuff. Looked like they did lots of support tech as well. Good store.
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
pps. OMG I'd love to be InsideOut Sports. The couple of times I stopped at Expo there were two solid lines of folks buying stuff. Looked like they did lots of support tech as well. Good store.
Did you see their clerk with no arms that was ringing stuff up, taking money and dealing with customers? It was truly amazing and humbling. The guy was using his elbows to do all this. After watching this guy work, I really did not have much to complain about concerning the race.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most IM's give out Finisher shirts at the finish but at Louisville they put one in the Swag Bag at registration instead-
I asked the same thing and this was thier response

As for the swim it wasn't clear by any means but definitely not a sewer like someone that didnt swim posted above.
I've swam in worse like the local gym pool
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][reply]
pps. OMG I'd love to be InsideOut Sports. The couple of times I stopped at Expo there were two solid lines of folks buying stuff. Looked like they did lots of support tech as well. Good store.[/reply]
Did you see their clerk with no arms that was ringing stuff up, taking money and dealing with customers? It was truly amazing and humbling. The guy was using his elbows to do all this. After watching this guy work, I really did not have much to complain about concerning the race.[/reply]

Yes! That guy helped me too! I was a little nervous and even tried to help, but didn't want to be condescending, but he counted out and handed back coins, etc. with no problems! My wife was shocked. I was just nervous that my kids (9 and 7) were going to say something, but they were quiet and polite. He was actually quite surprising and inspirational and my kids talked about him for days.

And for the record, I hope we hijaack this thread with this guy instead of the stupid no finishers shirt (even I "get" Paulo's sense of humor) ;)

Last edited by: rroof: Aug 31, 07 12:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank god they still gave out medals, because that's what it is all about...
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Next year, you'll have to pre-purchase drink/food tickets for your on course nutrition.
$4 - gatorade
$2 - water
$3 - gel

PREMIUM bike rack space can be purchased for $30.

Entrance to the finish line arch will be $5
Your fee schedule is a tad off...they prices go up as the mile markers do. Your fee schedule is actually the one for mile three of the run. At mile 22 a water is just slightly higher than a Aquafina at Starbucks.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did you see their clerk with no arms that was ringing stuff up, taking money and dealing with customers? It was truly amazing and humbling. The guy was using his elbows to do all this. After watching this guy work, I really did not have much to complain about concerning the race.
????? Can you please explain how a man with no arms has elbows??? Did I miss an anatomy lesson somewhere? I can understand your awe if you infact did see a man with no arms using his elbows.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thank god they still gave out medals, because that's what it is all about...

I don't know...after less than a week my medal is starting to show signs of wear, and the cloth necklace is fading, and it gets in the way when I swim! I'm starting to hate this race.

ps. Honestly, the river was significanly cleaner than the lake I trained in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Paulo just make a grammatical error in his post???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's about time they allowed everyone to pay for what they want.

For example

$350 Everyone pays race entry
EXTRA's
$70 For Carbo and Awards
$40 Compeditors shirt
$50 Finishers shirt
$30 Finishers towel
$25 Finishers Medal
$30 Finishing Photo

etc...

First timers would get the lot and someone like me would just go the Medal.

Others would go the Carbo and Medal.

Easy.
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]

And for the record, I hope we hijaack this thread with this guy instead of the stupid no finishers shirt (even I "get" Paulo's sense of humor) ;)[/reply]

you know, it might seem silly, but I was happy to get my "Ironman" finisher shirt for my race last year, for my first "real" IM after two indie ones. In fact, during my race (I was pretty blah and didn't really want to be there) I thought I at least want to get that stupid finisher's shirt, if only for that I was hoping I wouldn't fall or so and make it to the finish line....
not that I'd wear it around here (think I've worn it at home with my parents in Switzerland once), but still, I was glad to have it..

now, I also did the Blue Devil in its last year and they didn't have Finisher shirts (forgot if they gave us medals) and I was ok with that, albeit a bit dissappointed. I like having those shirts, if only as a memory...
Quote Reply
Re: No finisher's t-shirt at IM Lou [TheRock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think it's about time they allowed everyone to pay for what they want.

For example

$350 Everyone pays race entry
EXTRA's
$70 For Carbo and Awards
$40 Compeditors shirt
$50 Finishers shirt
$30 Finishers towel
$25 Finishers Medal
$30 Finishing Photo

etc...

First timers would get the lot and someone like me would just go the Medal.

Others would go the Carbo and Medal.

Easy.
Except for the fact they sell out in minutes, and the market can bare them charging everyone probably something like $1000.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply

Prev Next