Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No Tour for Boonen...
Quote | Reply
Tour director Christian Prudhomme said that once/if the informations concerning his use of cocaine were confirmed, he would not be allowed to start the tour, and since TB confessed that he indeed used cocaine, it's pretty much sealed.
Quote Reply
Re: No Tour for Boonen... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must be a mistake though, since Tom isn't American.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This paves the way for Andy Potts, I mean Gert Steegmans to win a few more stages.

Last edited by: eganski: Jun 11, 08 11:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Must be a mistake though, since Tom isn't American.
For several years now the Tour has been excluding riders and even their teams that have been caught up in pre-Tour doping scandals. I can't remember any Americans off the top of my head.
Quote Reply
Re: No Tour for Boonen... [Wayne666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry you missed the joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call me cynical, but did you see the LiveSTRONG bracelet that Valverde was wearing today when he won the TT? Is he working with Ferrari? Because the bracelet is sooo 2004.
Quote Reply
Re: No Tour for Boonen... [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I've watched or followed cycling for the past 2 years or so...I hear some results every now and then, but couldn't care less about cycling now...it's all rotten.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No Contador, no Boonen. What are the odds on an Aussie in yellow and green on the Champs Elysees?!
Quote Reply
Re: No Tour for Boonen... [alexZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you mean gold and green right?
;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I resisted the urge to go for the green and gold line! Reminds me of a line from one of the twelfth man CDs:

Tony Greig: "And the Australians come out in their canary yellow."
Bill Lawry: "Canary yellow? Canary yellow?! That's Australian fucking gold mate and don't you fucking forget it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No Contador, no Boonen. What are the odds on an Aussie in yellow and green on the Champs Elysees?!
Not good.
Quote Reply
Re: No Tour for Boonen... [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know but they are better than they have ever been.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there are a couple of other possible contenders this year.

-valverde could always surprise, but maybe he's peaking too early right now in the dauphiné.
-maybe cunego is back on form after slowly gaining his fitness back over the last couple of years
-with the help of the two schleck brothers, could sastre get some help in the mountains and pull off something big?

[edit]on a slightly related note, if tom really is out of the tour, then i pick bennati for the green jersey.
Last edited by: tegra: Jun 11, 08 17:08
Quote Reply