Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Zoom Fly vs. Nike Zoom Fly Knit
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the Nike Zoom Flys and like many other runners the heel rubs my Achilles pretty bad. I’m wondering if the Zoom Fly knit has the same issue with the knit upper or not.
Has anyone tried both?

I swim fast because I'm afraid of sharks.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly vs. Nike Zoom Fly Knit [Mike200fly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fly knits totally solve it. It has a cloth-like flap at the top of the achilles area where the zoom fly's cause all the chafe and there are absolutely no issues whatsoever.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly vs. Nike Zoom Fly Knit [bryguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the react foam in the Flyknit? Big difference or not so much.

bryguy wrote:
The fly knits totally solve it. It has a cloth-like flap at the top of the achilles area where the zoom fly's cause all the chafe and there are absolutely no issues whatsoever.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly vs. Nike Zoom Fly Knit [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
React is worlds apart from Lunarlon. It's not Lunarlon vs. zoom x/pebax sort of difference, but Lunarlon for high stack midsoles was subpar 3 years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In general I would agree, the heel fit is better on the new Flynit version. I’m bummed they did away with flywire in the new version but I also understand shoe costing probably too well. I saw a picture on Instagram the other day of a woman with torn up heels and blood all over the shoe. Now she was racing 70.3 Indian wells an chose to go sockless. Bad choice i think.

React vs Lunarlon - no comparison. React will last much longer. My epic reacts have 300 miles on them and feel like knew. My Zoom Fly’ Flyknit don’t have that much but I expect the same. The Zoom Fly with Lunarlon maybe 125 before they felt dead. The last thing is once you run in the new foams, React or Pbax on the 4% and on Reebok Floatride Fast, it’s hard to go back to EVA based foam. If you’re like me you’ll find EVA feels flat.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly vs. Nike Zoom Fly Knit [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank all, Dave love your commentary, have you tried the new Vomero 14? Looks pretty awesome. React plus the air bags from the Pegasus.

SDJ wrote:
In general I would agree, the heel fit is better on the new Flynit version. I’m bummed they did away with flywire in the new version but I also understand shoe costing probably too well. I saw a picture on Instagram the other day of a woman with torn up heels and blood all over the shoe. Now she was racing 70.3 Indian wells an chose to go sockless. Bad choice i think.

React vs Lunarlon - no comparison. React will last much longer. My epic reacts have 300 miles on them and feel like knew. My Zoom Fly’ Flyknit don’t have that much but I expect the same. The Zoom Fly with Lunarlon maybe 125 before they felt dead. The last thing is once you run in the new foams, React or Pbax on the 4% and on Reebok Floatride Fast, it’s hard to go back to EVA based foam. If you’re like me you’ll find EVA feels flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly vs. Nike Zoom Fly Knit [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I have not tried that Vomero yet but after years of “what the heck are you doing with the Vomero?” That one definitely looks best yet.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly vs. Nike Zoom Fly Knit [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, early impressions suggest a completely new Vomero.

SDJ wrote:
Thanks, I have not tried that Vomero yet but after years of “what the heck are you doing with the Vomero?” That one definitely looks best yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fly knit felt so much better. The zoom fly did not feel right on my feet at all. Not sure why but they felt like they were worlds apart.

The vomero 14 look interesting, thats for sure. I just picked up a pair of peg 35s on a black friday deal. I've been alternating b/t the peg 34s and vomero 12s for the last year. I'm wondering if they will apply that tech from the 14 to the peg 36. I like my current vomeros but they feel so heavy on my feet compared to the pegs. I'm trying to stay under 10oz for all of my trainers from now on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slight hijack, but are people wearing the same size for the Xoom Fly Knit ss they did for the original Zoom Fly?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly vs. Nike Zoom Fly Knit [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Slight hijack, but are people wearing the same size for the Xoom Fly Knit ss they did for the original Zoom Fly?

I am. Size 10 in each.

Ian
Quote Reply