Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available?
Quote | Reply
I was about to pull the trigger on the Next% and thought 'I will wait a few weeks...no rush' and now the Nike site (Europe) says its no longer available. Is it gone for good? I am not thinking about the Alphafly. Thanks.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately yes, it's gone. Replaced by the Alphafly Next%. You might be able to find a retailer somewhere that has left over stock of the Next%.

Personally, I hated the 4% -- not enough cushion under the mid to forefoot, it was all in the heel which doesn't work for my stride. But the Next% fixed that. Love that shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
I was about to pull the trigger on the Next% and thought 'I will wait a few weeks...no rush' and now the Nike site (Europe) says its no longer available. Is it gone for good? I am not thinking about the Alphafly. Thanks.

Nothing available here in the states. I bought several pair earlier this year in case they ran out for good because of how well the shoe works for me. I hate having to start over in a new shoe. Especially now hearing reviews of the Alphafly Next% that replaces it. I'll still try a pair and test myself but the reviews are mixed. There is also the secondary market like StockX here in the states where I have purchased a few pair. You will pay a premium but it's a very easy transaction and they "authenticate" the shoes. I have 4 pair of unused and 2 with low miles that I train in (long runs) so I'm set for quite some time. Hoping the next iteration of the Alphafly Next% gets better consensus reviews.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks i guess it the Zoom Fly 3 then.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the Saucony Endorphin Pro an option for you?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Unfortunately yes, it's gone. Replaced by the Alphafly Next%. You might be able to find a retailer somewhere that has left over stock of the Next%.

Personally, I hated the 4% -- not enough cushion under the mid to forefoot, it was all in the heel which doesn't work for my stride. But the Next% fixed that. Love that shoe.

Are you sure it's gone, as opposed to just out of stock for now? I thought they'd keep both shoes at least for a while. Certainly sounds like they should have!
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have thought of that option yes.

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I ask - how do you find sizing of Next%. I've been running in the Peg T2s... a good training shoe for me. Just wondering if similar to Next% - if you could say.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am an 11.......but, I can say that for the Vaporfly Next% I wear both 11 and 11.5 depending on what sock I wear and what sort of feel I want. If I wear thin socks (i.e., cycling type) then I wear 11. If I wear thicker "support" type socks then I wear the 11.5 for a better fit. For regular socks? The 11 just gives me a snugger fit and the 11.5 gives me a looser fit when I wear regular socks. It just depends also on if I think my foot is going to need some extra swelling space or not :)

However, in the Vaporfly 4% Flyknit, I absolutely have to wear a 11.5 regardless of sock as they run 1/2 size small.

At the end of the day, I prefer the Next% in 11 and the 4% Flyknit in 11.5

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Jun 12, 20 12:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have 2 or 3 left in stock. PM your size and I can check on it for you.

Yes the Next % shoes seem to be going away, we haven't been able to order them for a bit now

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Problem...I live in the EU.....đŸ˜¥ in this case it probably means I gotta try the saucony.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean we would ship it there for you but that's going to be pretty expensive.

I really liked the Endorphin pro when I ran in it just before they hit the shelves.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

Are you sure it's gone, as opposed to just out of stock for now? I thought they'd keep both shoes at least for a while. Certainly sounds like they should have!

I've been checking the site regularly for the past few weeks hoping they would have more sizes available. One time I did and it gave me a "the product you are looking for is no longer available" message. That told me they weren't making the shoe anymore, which sucks because it's my favorite shoe. Looks like the site is back up again, but they only have a size 4.5, which is what it's been saying for a while now and what most retailers are saying as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've gotten a few messages regarding sizes of the Vaprofly Next % left in stock.

We have 1 pair each:

Call The Running Shop @ 520 325 5097 They'll do a phone order then get them out to you.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I will have to try that shoe or go with the Zoom Fly 3.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I've gotten a few messages regarding sizes of the Vaprofly Next % left in stock.

We have 1 pair each:

Call The Running Shop @ 520 325 5097 They'll do a phone order then get them out to you.
Brian, what color are the 11.5?

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IDK, not in the shop today, I'll probably go in tomorrow for a bit if you want to wait until then.

At least 1 of those pair is the pink one, probably both.

just ring them up & ask. At this point though IDK if you hold out for your preferred color if that will happen.

If you don't want those we have almost a complete size run of Endorphins as well

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
IDK, not in the shop today, I'll probably go in tomorrow for a bit if you want to wait until then.

At least 1 of those pair is the pink one, probably both.

just ring them up & ask. At this point though IDK if you hold out for your preferred color if that will happen.

If you don't want those we have almost a complete size run of Endorphins as well

Ok, cool. Thanks Brian!

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
Can I ask - how do you find sizing of Next%. I've been running in the Peg T2s... a good training shoe for me. Just wondering if similar to Next% - if you could say.

I wear 10.5 in both. I love the PegT2. Just tried the Zoom Fly 3 and it’s a no go. Too stiff, sending back to Nike.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Can someone please explain the Nike logic with their shoes? I held back on the 4% because it was in so limited stock with everyone frothing for a pair prices were jacked up on eBay if you wanted a set. I didn't want to believe but eventually bought into the hype and pulled the trigger. Eventually the numbers came up but the hype and same thing with the Next%. Mission accomplished by Nike and I had to give them a try.

I personally find the Next% a bit meh and just a soft shoe but at pace I can get some of the 4% return with that shoe. Now there is nothing and the Alphafly I have no interest in as it seems to more resemble the Next%.

Surely it would be in Nike's interest to maintain a level of each shoe? I train in Pegasus Turbos and you can get several models of the Pegasus alone. I found two pairs 11.5 of 4% on eBay the other day and didn't have to pay much over retail. Being the shoe that works for me and the unsure nature of if they will ever be replaced with a similar model I felt compelled to stockpile. I won't need to buy race shoes for some time but is it marketing genius or failure? Other brands stepping up to the plate and all it takes is someone like you who can't get the model they want to find a different brand that works for them and people may not hold them in the same regard?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Can someone please explain the Nike logic with their shoes? I held back on the 4% because it was in so limited stock with everyone frothing for a pair prices were jacked up on eBay if you wanted a set. I didn't want to believe but eventually bought into the hype and pulled the trigger. Eventually the numbers came up but the hype and same thing with the Next%. Mission accomplished by Nike and I had to give them a try.

I personally find the Next% a bit meh and just a soft shoe but at pace I can get some of the 4% return with that shoe. Now there is nothing and the Alphafly I have no interest in as it seems to more resemble the Next%.

Surely it would be in Nike's interest to maintain a level of each shoe? I train in Pegasus Turbos and you can get several models of the Pegasus alone. I found two pairs 11.5 of 4% on eBay the other day and didn't have to pay much over retail. Being the shoe that works for me and the unsure nature of if they will ever be replaced with a similar model I felt compelled to stockpile. I won't need to buy race shoes for some time but is it marketing genius or failure? Other brands stepping up to the plate and all it takes is someone like you who can't get the model they want to find a different brand that works for them and people may not hold them in the same regard?

Frist off, I would never buy a pair of shoes like this off eBay. There are so many fakes that it's not worth the risk when it comes to equipment like this. Going through a place like StockX helps tremendously with their authentication and guarantee. I have bought several pair that way and I set the price I am willing to pay and if somebody accepts my price I'm good.

Remember, shoes like the Vaporfly line and now the Alphafly are niche shoes so they aren't going to turn those out in numbers like a Pegasus line. If you like it, you need to buy it when you see it in stock even if you don't need it at the time.

As far as retail inventory, I have never seen what you are talking about until NOW as it appears that the VF4%Flyknit and VFNext% are probably at the end of their manufacturing line. I have been able to purchase both the VF4%Flyknit and the VFNext% over the past year or so anytime I wanted (through Nike and online retailers). I typically just go straight to the Nike website since they offer free shipping and free returns if you are a Nike member. It does appear though that they have inventory that they would release and then once it is gone, it takes a little to get more back in and then they repeat that process until they are truly done. Maybe it's being manufactured, maybe it's coming back to them from retailers that have stock that hasn't sold, etc.

But....Knowing what works for me is why I will continually check the Nike website for new inventory or colorways since when they do stock it up, it goes relatively quickly and I want to have spares for future racing. I'm set now and don't have to worry for several years of racing.

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Jun 13, 20 5:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It does seem a bit odd but these are odd times and I'm not sure we have the full picture. Or, I'm sure I don't but people here will surprise you and might have info the rest of us don't.

Maybe they are deliberately a halo products or maybe the process to manufacture them is hard to scale up. Especially during a disrupted global economy.

But are we absolutely sure they aren't going to make any more? I think I read one poster here say that but I'd be interested in how they know that. With the 4% they went through more colours ending with more neutral blue. I was hoping they'd do that with the next%.

If they only have the Alpha then the other shoe manufacturers will fill that space. Which, I completely agree with you, seems odd. Which is why I've still got an open mind until I see something that confirms it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
I am an 11.......but, I can say that for the Vaporfly Next% I wear both 11 and 11.5 depending on what sock I wear and what sort of feel I want. If I wear thin socks (i.e., cycling type) then I wear 11. If I wear thicker "support" type socks then I wear the 11.5 for a better fit. For regular socks? The 11 just gives me a snugger fit and the 11.5 gives me a looser fit when I wear regular socks. It just depends also on if I think my foot is going to need some extra swelling space or not :)

However, in the Vaporfly 4% Flyknit, I absolutely have to wear a 11.5 regardless of sock as they run 1/2 size small.

With me it is the other way around: ran a couple of marathons in 4% in size 45 no problem: and lost 7 nails after a marathon with the next% in size 45.
Will now try size 45 1/2 for the Alphafly.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
TX83 wrote:

With me it is the other way around: ran a couple of marathons in 4% in size 45 no problem: and lost 7 nails after a marathon with the next% in size 45.
Will now try size 45 1/2 for the Alphafly.

Interesting. I wonder if it's due to the more "free" movement you get in the 4%. I feel like my foot moves around so much more (not to a detriment though) than in the VFNext% which I feel more locked down and the vaporweave material doesn't flex like the flyknit.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:

Surely it would be in Nike's interest to maintain a level of each shoe?

In previous years we saw companies reduce production or stop production of racing flats that have long been stalwarts in their shoe line. Same with some of the lightweight trainer/racers. Often these shoes weren't even coming close to internal sales targets and quite often we had near complete size runs on the sales rack when new models were about to be released.

I don't remember the # of sku's we carried in that category yet we kept reducing the models we floored and it never hurt sales.

Part of Nike's marketing is to keep that shoe in limited numbers to keep demand & hype high and also the price. They also didn't allocate that shoe to every one of their retailers. We don't do a ton of Nike business and have to email the rep every time we want to have that shoe in inventory.

In fact since the vaporfly was first launched the number of vaporflys & next % shoes allocated on release to running stores in AZ has been exactly 0.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next