Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike “React Infinity” for training....
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used this shoe? I never thought I’d be in Nike’s again, but I have had a couple people tell me they enjoy training in this shoe. Has anyone here tried it? I’m 49 and looking for a shoe I can run in 3-4 days a week for moderate distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike “React Infinity” for training.... [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it. I left Nike over a decade ago, but the zoomfly flyknit reviews brought me back from Hokas. IMO Nike has nailed the upper on their shoes. The cushion on the react is great. After about 100 miles, I have zero hotspots which is something I couldn't say with other brands (especially on longer runs).

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's been a decent amount of discussion if you search the forum, but the general opinion which I agree with is that the shoe feels super cushiony and pretty good, but the upper is terrible. The laces design is really poor and the foot retention just feels awful. Some people don't feel bothered by this but the shoe just doesn't feel comfortable for me. There is also something odd about how the arch fits on my foot. I still have my first pair around I'll occasionally run in for very easy runs, but I mostly stick with my NB 860s. My wife on the other hand, absolutely loves hers and does 100% of her training in them.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Nike “React Infinity” for training.... [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s been my favorite trainer of the year. Logged over 500 miles in them. Have had issues initially with breaking in the arch but that was gone in about a week. I’ve also had issues with the back running against my Achilles, which I’ve learned I can circumvent with thinner socks.

Once my peg 37 are done in the next couple weeks I’m ordering another pair of ininitys.

You can find them on sale for under 130 which I think is a good deal for a shoe you can put over 500 miles in before they break down. React foam is pretty resilient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair and I think they are ok. I prefer softer bouncier midsoles and I like running in the Pegasus turbo a lot more.

I also do not think the mesh upper holds my foot in place well enough on sharper turns and it extends above my socks in the back and rubs my Achilles.

I bought a pair of Brooks Caldera 4 trail shoes 2 weeks ago and I effing love them. Wondering which Brooks road shoe is the equivalent!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jul 29, 20 8:01
Quote Reply
Re: Nike “React Infinity” for training.... [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. The upper is the draw for me versus other shoes.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like mine but don't love them. They don't have the responsiveness that I prefer, however they are good, for me, for mid distance runs. After that, they start to feel heavy. The upper is really nice though!
Quote Reply
Re: Nike “React Infinity” for training.... [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh. Of all the feedback I had read I had only seen neutral at best reviews of the upper. Couple of positive things here though. I think in theory it's nice but the way they did the laces just don't lock me in, especially combined with the kind of stretchy heel. But like I said, my wife loves the shoes and has no problem with the upper so it seems like trying them on is highly advisable for these ones.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Huh. Of all the feedback I had read I had only seen neutral at best reviews of the upper. Couple of positive things here though. I think in theory it's nice but the way they did the laces just don't lock me in, especially combined with the kind of stretchy heel. But like I said, my wife loves the shoes and has no problem with the upper so it seems like trying them on is highly advisable for these ones.

Guess it depends how much you like flyknit.

I like Flyknit it works for my foot. I have wide and long toes and there’s a certain give with Flyknit that other meshes or materials don’t stretch as much.

That being said I’ve lost 4 toenails this spring/summer and it’s she shoe that’s had the most miles on them....I think it’s mostly from my Boston’s which I’ve been using for tempos and some interval sessions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
There's been a decent amount of discussion if you search the forum, but the general opinion which I agree with is that the shoe feels super cushiony and pretty good, but the upper is terrible. The laces design is really poor and the foot retention just feels awful. Some people don't feel bothered by this but the shoe just doesn't feel comfortable for me. There is also something odd about how the arch fits on my foot. I still have my first pair around I'll occasionally run in for very easy runs, but I mostly stick with my NB 860s. My wife on the other hand, absolutely loves hers and does 100% of her training in them.

I have a really hard time getting any Nike to lock my heel down. I love the feel underfoot of React for easy runs and Zoom for races, but anytime I do more than about 2 runs per week in My various Nikes I have a little flare up of insertional Achilles tendinitis.
Quote Reply