Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nicotine and athletic performance [AndyPeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is correct that nicotine is not a banned substance. Why would anyone want to start using nicotine (highly addictive) for what they perceive a performance aid? It would be a banned substance if overwhelming scientific evidence existed for this purpose. The fact that it is a vasoconstriction agent argues against it as a performance aid. I can remember discussing this subject just over twenty years ago when I was in Graduate School for my Master's Degree in Exercise Science.
Quote Reply
Re: Nicotine and athletic performance [jayhawker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayhawker wrote:

Sorry psyopper (and Slowman since I'm continuing this), but addiction is a "will power" issue.

Actually, it is not a "will power" issue at all. Will power is not having another cookie from the jar. Addiction is something completely different and though not yet legally, it is commonly classified and treated as a chronic disease. Someone very close to me is a physician and an alcoholic who is in recovery, and I was with her every step of the process - to include being her NOK while she was in rehab for three months. I have personally looked addiction in the face and can tell you what I know to be true.

Some good starter reading about what addiction is can be found here: http://archives.drugabuse.gov/...buse/chronicdisease/

I don't mean to be a jack ass, and I am sorry if I came across that way. In this case I can speak with legitimate authority on the subject and am not willing to bullied out of the truth by someone who doesn't seem to share the first hand experience I do. Bill W. is a great guy but I hope to hell none of you ever need to meet him.
Quote Reply
Re: Nicotine and athletic performance [Smilin' Bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bob... really intrigued to learn more about this space and hear about your personal experience with nicotine in this field. Tried sending you a DM. How can I best reach you? Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Nicotine and athletic performance [aruckheim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aruckheim wrote:
Hi Bob... really intrigued to learn more about this space and hear about your personal experience with nicotine in this field. Tried sending you a DM. How can I best reach you? Cheers

Bob has not logged onto ST since 2012.
Quote Reply

Prev Next