Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking
Quote | Reply
I started following Nick Bare when Triathlon Taren mentioned him in a video. I gotta say, I was hugely skeptical of this guy's chances of completing an Ironman but after watching his training series on his YouTube channel and seeing this results, I'm blown away.

He could barely swim in June, bought an entry level tri-bike and didn't even know how to change a tire, but followed his training plan religiously and showed up ready. Anyone else impressed by this? Reminds me what really matters, consistency and fortitude.

Given, the conditions at IMFL were pretty favorable, still a huge accomplishment to go under 12 hours in your first triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [Consultri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shows once more that training trumps equipment every time. I think he was actually coached by Triatlon Taren. If that is the case this is a good outcome for Taren as well.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [Consultri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's very annoying. But that's a pretty good time.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude ran a 5:3x all-out mile a few weeks ago at 200+ lbs bodyweight on the track, it's on youtube.

He does look awfully superbuff to me though, having lifted quite a lot myself, I do wonder if there is physiological x-over and that's ALL I'm going to say about that!

He did sound like he trained legit for the IM, but yeah, that's a heckuva a 1st try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consultri wrote:
I started following Nick Bare when Triathlon Taren mentioned him in a video. I gotta say, I was hugely skeptical of this guy's chances of completing an Ironman but after watching his training series on his YouTube channel and seeing this results, I'm blown away.

He could barely swim in June, bought an entry level tri-bike and didn't even know how to change a tire, but followed his training plan religiously and showed up ready. Anyone else impressed by this? Reminds me what really matters, consistency and fortitude.

Given, the conditions at IMFL were pretty favorable, still a huge accomplishment to go under 12 hours in your first triathlon.

He also weighs 195 lbs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consultri wrote:

I followed almost his entire Triathlon training series. Better than a lot of other things out there. I'll give it to the guy, he set a goal, and accomplished it. He also has a pretty fantastic drive. I was watching him live on the Ironman app during the IMFL day.

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [Masnart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, can't believe his nutrition plan held up. He barely had a plan a few weeks out. During some of his videos he was drinking gatorade zero. Although he did 10,000 calorie challenge fasted so maybe he's pretty fat adapted. Just unbelievable to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consultri wrote:
Also, can't believe his nutrition plan held up. He barely had a plan a few weeks out. During some of his videos he was drinking gatorade zero. Although he did 10,000 calorie challenge fasted so maybe he's pretty fat adapted. Just unbelievable to me.

I actually do the same thing. But not for the same reasons as him. I just prefer to get my carbs through clean sources and not pure sugar.

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His bike was next to mine in transition. Seemed super nice. Glad he did well.
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [gbc0005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was one rack over from me and I didn't realize he was Nick Bare until people started going up to him and asking for pictures. Extremely genuine and nice guy, he talked to every single person I saw go up to him. Especially considering it was his first Ironman, it was my first as well and I was a nervous wreck running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I wouldn't be able to interact with dozens of people while trying to get my final prep in
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [ldumaliang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was his first triathlon ever
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, what? I did not know that part. Now I am seriously impressed! He crushed it
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [Masnart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I just prefer to get my carbs through clean sources and not pure sugar.

Wait what’s wrong with Gatorade Zero? It has zero sugar/calories. I’ve switched over to that a couple of months ago and I’m feeling great and managed to keep sugar cravings at bay with it

swim.bike.run.soccer
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [ldumaliang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ldumaliang wrote:
Wait, what? I did not know that part. Now I am seriously impressed! He crushed it

My understanding is he has a history of running but started swimming 5 months ago. Is he an Army Ranger?
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Dude ran a 5:3x all-out mile a few weeks ago at 200+ lbs bodyweight on the track, it's on youtube.

He does look awfully superbuff to me though, having lifted quite a lot myself, I do wonder if there is physiological x-over and that's ALL I'm going to say about that!

He did sound like he trained legit for the IM, but yeah, that's a heckuva a 1st try.

Looking at pics of him on the net there is no doubt he is chemically enhanced...
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Looking at pics of him on the net there is no doubt he is chemically enhanced...

Why don’t you follow his history on YouTube before you bash him for steroids...cmon man you’d be surprised what people can attain aesthetically when bodybuilding and lifting consistently for 10 years. Don’t be jealous
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [Rob G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob G wrote:
dunno wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Why don’t you follow his history on YouTube before you bash him for steroids...cmon man you’d be surprised what people can attain aesthetically when bodybuilding and lifting consistently for 10 years. Don’t be jealous

I don't care what his history is, as someone who has been involved in BB for many years I have a pretty good idea of what natural looks like.
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Rob G wrote:
dunno wrote:
lightheir wrote:

I don't care what his history is, as someone who has been involved in BB for many years I have a pretty good idea of what natural looks like.

Well same here being involved in and also competing in bodybuilding...but you “don’t care what his history is,” so there ya go lol. Hell, you’d prob think I’m on the juice too ha
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
He also weighs 195 lbs

This is only meaningful if you add his height. I went sub 12 at 220 lbs and sub 10 around 190-195 lbs, but I'm also 6'3". It makes a big difference. If he looks like that at 195, he must be very short.
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
He's very annoying. But that's a pretty good time.

WHAT?
This guys annoying but Sander's isn't. Give me a break. Now if you said taren is annoying I would agree. Don't get me wrong I wasn't thinking he would go under 12 but come on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never heard of him before today, and no idea what natural does or does not look like. All I know is in every picture it looks like a regular dude’s head photoshopped into a He-Man toy 😂

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [Rob G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob G wrote:
dunno wrote:
Rob G wrote:
dunno wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Well same here being involved in and also competing in bodybuilding...but you “don’t care what his history is,” so there ya go lol. Hell, you’d prob think I’m on the juice too ha

Kinda funny his company sells supplements and "gear"

Btw, it doesnt matter what his history is if hes able to carry more muscle than people who compete as natural. Plenty of others out there on the internets don't think he's natty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Rob G wrote:
dunno wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Maybe all of us PA boys look like that
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Bare goes 11:28 @ IMFL in first IM with no background in swimming or biking [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

He also weighs 195 lbs

This is only meaningful if you add his height. I went sub 12 at 220 lbs and sub 10 around 190-195 lbs, but I'm also 6'3". It makes a big difference. If he looks like that at 195, he must be very short.

He’s 5’ 10”. So at 7lbs per inch his 190 would be your 225
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 6, 19 18:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed following his videos. Seems like a hard working guy with tons of self motivation. Power to him. Great performance. Not surprising after watching him put the time in to train. I also enjoy watching triathlon Taren. Both very motivational and I appreciate the YouTube content.
Quote Reply

Prev Next