Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nice Bike Rental
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to rent a road bike for when I'm in Nice. Can anyone recommend a place they've used before?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bike Rental [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We rented a basic aluminum and 105 BMC from this rando place after the 70.3 in 2019. It was fine. The chain was filthy and I gave it a quick tune of the RD and the brakes myself. It got its job done. The other place we thought about was Cafe du Cyclist. It would have been a nicer bike but was more expensive. Plus it was the other end of town.
Bike Trip
21 Rue de Rivoli, 06000 Nice, France
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bike Rental [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used France Bike Rental (FBR) for a cycling Camp I run in the Alps and was happy with them. They delivered to our door, and picked up the bikes when we were done.

Fairly priced and the road bikes were in good condition - climbing gears, stocked saddle bags, and such.

I believe they are still the official bike rental for IM in Europe - but don't hold that against them ; )

Jimmy
http://www.Riccitello.com
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bike Rental [JimmyRiccitello] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JimmyRiccitello wrote:
I've used France Bike Rental (FBR) for a cycling Camp I run in the Alps and was happy with them. They delivered to our door, and picked up the bikes when we were done.

Fairly priced and the road bikes were in good condition - climbing gears, stocked saddle bags, and such.

I believe they are still the official bike rental for IM in Europe - but don't hold that against them ; )

FBR is available in Nice. The rep I’ve dealt with there is can be a bit challenging. We didn’t always get what we thought we rented, but in the end we got bikes. There are several other options in Nice that worked well for some folks on a group trip this past summer. Cafe du Cyclist offers outstanding service. But as mentioned they are top end pricing.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bike Rental [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you looking for a TT or road bike? If the latter, The Service Course and Cafe du Cycliste are your best options for high-end models. TSC is by far the best option (and coffee) in Nice based on my experience.
Quote Reply