Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Next Year's Kona Winner Poll
Quote | Reply
Dan/Herbert--I realize there is a "someone else" option, but I'd think Gomez would be up there named...seems he's just dipping his toes into figuring it out. When he does, he will be high on the favorite list.
Quote Reply
Re: Next Year's Kona Winner Poll [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
Dan/Herbert--I realize there is a "someone else" option, but I'd think Gomez would be up there named...seems he's just dipping his toes into figuring it out. When he does, he will be high on the favorite list.

probly so. too late. now. it'll be interesting to see how this poll goes when the sun passes over germany.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Next Year's Kona Winner Poll [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. simply out of curiosity .. approximately how many ST accounts may be from germans ?

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Next Year's Kona Winner Poll [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
.. simply out of curiosity .. approximately how many ST accounts may be from germans ?

i think we're about 5 or 6 percent readers from germany.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Next Year's Kona Winner Poll [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. thank you .. in 2.5h the bike lights can be switched off ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Re: Next Year's Kona Winner Poll [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. I voted for Sebi .. for my view he just shows the tri spirit most being an athlete ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I voted someone else = Gomez. I want to see if he truly is the greatest triathlete ever, as some have said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I selected Lionel just to get the anti-Lionel group going...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Truly unsure how Gomez will do next year...but it won't be a podium, maybe edge into the top 7 or 8? Part of this is age. Jan left Short course racing following 2012, he spent two years focusing on the long stuff before his in in 2015. Frodeno's when Frodeno took Bronze at his first trip to Kona it was his fourth Ironman. He was 33. He won at 35 and 36. Patrick Lange has won at 31 and 32...although he's only raced 5 Ironmans he's been training for them for awhile...if he hadn't been injured the last two years his number of race reps would be significantly higher. Bart Aernouts is 34, David McNamee who's been third 2x years in a row is 30. As people say on here all the time, Respect the Distance[?]! It takes a long time to make the adaptations for long course unless you're even more of an outlier.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply