Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New tri bike shoe recommendation
Quote | Reply
Blew out my specialized S works tri vent bike shoes this morning after a good ten years of service. Had to switch to my Giro Empire road shoes for my ride long today, which were fabulous as they are so light, but they take a while to put on.

Racing mostly the long stuff, any one love there shoes?
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike shoe recommendation [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of love for the Shimano Sphyres (I have the RC700 [a step down] and they are great shoes).

As far as racing, the aero advantage of the Empires more than makes up for the T1 time in longer races. They are your fastest choice. I run lace-up shoes sans laces (a silicone lace cover to keep them in place). Super aero and comfortable. No power loss; lots of lab tests have confirmed this, but I've also done uphill sprints and hit the same numbers as with my road shoes.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike shoe recommendation [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Blew out my specialized S works tri vent bike shoes this morning after a good ten years of service. Had to switch to my Giro Empire road shoes for my ride long today, which were fabulous as they are so light, but they take a while to put on.

Racing mostly the long stuff, any one love there shoes?

I love my Pearl Izumi Tri Fly Elite v6 shoes and have probably 20,000 miles on them.

I also have a spare new pair in 10.5 (EU44) if you’re that size.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply