Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New to Tri, looking for some saddle recommendations
Quote | Reply
hi all, i've got my TT setup on the bike done, just pending a bikefit. but the saddle i'm currently using is my old PRO Stealth Carbon saddle. if i tilt the nose down a bit, i'd slide forward when i start pedaling. but if i keep it leveled, hips feels closed and feels my pedal stroke is using more quad than pulling up.
so perhaps i need a proper Tri saddle and looking for recommendations.
thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New to Tri, looking for some saddle recommendations [addictr1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle selection is part of the bike fit.

That said, I am really enjoying my Dash saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: New to Tri, looking for some saddle recommendations [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you have any issues with the rails? i heard from some folks that races, they had issues with the rails? i don't have that much power.. so probably not an issue?
Quote Reply
Re: New to Tri, looking for some saddle recommendations [addictr1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride on the Dash saddle every day and have never had a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddles are highly personal, so YMMV.

The ISM PN1.1 is a good place to start. It can be had online for ~$100.

As mentioned, a bike fit is a good place to try new options.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ISM saddles are great, theyre a bit different with pressure on the sit bones and not the best sitting upright in my experience, but in the bent over TT position they are flawless. Zero pressure on the soft tissues. I have the ISM PN 1.0, got it off ebay for $45

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as stated saddles are very personal. you really can’t take anyone’s recommendations, you have to plant your body on a saddle for an hour or more to really understand how you’re gonna do with it.

once you narrow down what works for you, if need be, check out sport fit lab (google them). they have a fantastic saddle rental program that can take some of the sting out of the wallet, not needing to purchase multiple saddles just to find out they don’t work for you.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for those of you using the ISM 1.0, did you have to zip tie the nose section? i found some old thread about cobb randee and was thinking about trying that. my position on the bike isn't super aero, so thought might be a good to use?

Quote Reply