Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New speedplay help fit
Quote | Reply
Hello
Search by the doubts and I did not find in the forum.
Change look to speedplay.
I have been making adjustments since it has more range to do it.
Now I have a doubt with a feeling.
When I'm squeezing in the potency, I feel something on the outer face knee.
He would encourage me to say that there is a lack of alignment.
But even if I change the float, and put my foot closer to the crank, I still feel it.
This feeling with pedal look did not have it, surely it is something of the position and adjustment, but I can not realize it.
Those who have more time watching feet and pedals, which can be, less rotation? , or closer to or far from the crank
Thank you

sorry foy my english
Quote Reply
Re: New speedplay help fit [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i do NOT think your problem is FARTHER from (or closer to) the crank, because, if you get on your mountain bike, you are much further away from the crank, about 25mm total (12mm or 13mm on each side). if that doesn't bother you, this won't bother you.

second, the distance from the pedal shoulder to the pedal-center is 53mm, both on speedplay and on look (and shimano), unless you got a speedplay with a different pedal spindle length. so, there should be almost no difference in stance width.

in terms of rotation, this is speedplay's big virtue (one of them), that you can set the engagement range wherever you want. i wrote about this last month. so, no, that cannot be the issue.

it is my guess that it is something unconnected to the pedal itself, and more likely a tangential issue. for example, when you changed your pedal, did your seat height change? did you only change your pedal or only your shoes? or anything else?

i've gone back and forth from look, to time, to shimano, to speedplay, to egg beaters, testing bikes, riding bikes, back and forth, and have never had any issue with my knees. however, when i HAVE had issues it's when the pedals or the bike weren't set up the same: the seat height, the engagement range, the engagement points. yes, that could cause an issue. but there's nothing about the speedplay (or any) pedals that would cause what you describe.

if i had to make one guess, it's that the change in the pedals might have resulted in a raise in your seat height.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New speedplay help fit [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.
If you are right, do not just change the pedal, increase the seat by a few millimeters.
Today I return to leave it where it was to see if it improves.
It is not a pain, it is a sensation.
I could say that I change the pressure of being totally across the knee, to be more towards one side, although the sensation is on the outside side I think it is more inward pressure.
My English is very bad, I do not know if it is understood.
if I roll or sprint I have no feeling, that's when I have to go to the edge of the FTP 80 90%, a long time.
today under the seat again.
thank you very much
Rafael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same though regarding seat height.

The other thing I noticed when I switched from Shimano to SpeedPlay was that when I moved my cleats all the way to the back, SpeedPlay pedals are 5mm farther forward than Shimano. This loads the front of the knee, even at that little of an increment.
Quote Reply
Re: New speedplay help fit [whatshubdoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that can also be
It is not a pain, it is like the front part of the knee is more unstable.
I'm going to lower the seat and measure the centers well, since I have two identical shoes and one with the cleat look of the road bike.
very very thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
actually, i would say you might DECREASE the seat. but, the point is, you should know all your fit coordinates, so that when you change anything you know how to position the seat, the handlebars and so forth.

the other person who just posted makes a good point: make sure the pedal spindle crosses underneath the shoe at the same place as it did with your old pedals. this is another case where it's not the PEDAL that causes this sensation, it is the change position, and if your pedal spindle is forward, or backward, from its former position, that's a reason.

if you're going to err on one side or the other, better to err by pushing the cleat back a bit.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you upload a picture of a leg, and draw out where the sensation is and which direction it is going in?
Quote Reply
Re: New speedplay help fit [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have everything written for today to make the changes.
but if it is true that I saw that the center was not in the same place
the difference was very little, but if I know what it is, I think I can not put it back
Today I will take the measurements again.
Tomorrow I publish them
thank you very much
Rafel
Quote Reply
Re: New speedplay help fit [whatshubdoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes
left knee
It's not my strong leg, but they're pretty even in power.
It's on the front, on the outside.
very very thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it’s IT band, someone can correct me, but I’m pretty sure that means seats too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grant thanks

No it band is in front ,
It band is el diablo jajajaja 🙈
It band is cuack 😆
Quote Reply