Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Schnellinger
Last edited by: Schnellinger: May 7, 19 9:38
Re: New bike, new position. Increased power Tell me if I am completely off. [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't see your video.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike, new position. Increased power Tell me if I am completely off. [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, wrong link. Does it work now?
Quote Reply
Re: New bike, new position. Increased power Tell me if I am completely off. [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first thought was that you probably need a different helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike, new position. Increased power Tell me if I am completely off. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine too. Should have mentioned that I have a weird neck-head combo. I actually looking up, even if the helmet is pointing up. Will try to see I can fix the problem, otherwise a new helmet is a great advice :)
Quote Reply
Re: New bike, new position. Increased power Tell me if I am completely off. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
My first thought was that you probably need a different helmet.

If the OP rides as shown in the video (looking at the basebars) he is guaranteed to crash. The good news is he won't be going very fast, because the tail of his helmet is like a big fricking sail sticking up in the wind.

So do another video where you're actually looking forward. The helmet might actually be OK, if you ride with your chin up and out.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was the video shot from inside a tv? Can't tell a lot.

I wouldn't worry a ton about helmet with a static video. Very few people ride with the same head position on a trainer (even when they are trying to) as they do on the road.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pro tips on shooting bike fit videos:
- put the damn phone in landscape mode
- don't shoot against a light source pointing into the camera (like a huge window)
- make sure your entire body is visible.. can't judge seat height if you don't have any legs
- shoot against a light background in a well lit place

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: New bike, new position. Increased power Tell me if I am completely off. [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like it's feels good and you're not losing power, so is there a real world benchmark that you can go against? If you're noticeably slower, then yeah, you might want to look at outside opinions, but if you're comfy, powerful and faster in the new position, then go with it.

Also worth noting - you said it's a new bike...is it also a new power meter versus before?
Last edited by: ealhmund27: May 7, 19 10:38
Quote Reply
Re: New bike, new position. Increased power Tell me if I am completely off. [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
Pro tips on shooting bike fit videos:
- put the damn phone in landscape mode
- don't shoot against a light source pointing into the camera (like a huge window)
- make sure your entire body is visible.. can't judge seat height if you don't have any legs
- shoot against a light background in a well lit place

We need a sticky...

I don't know about landscape mode, but far enough away that everything is in the frame.
Also wear your helmet and kit (OP did).
At least part of the shot needs to be looking up the road!
Quote Reply
Re: New bike, new position. Increased power Tell me if I am completely off. [ealhmund27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ealhmund27 wrote:
Sounds like it's feels good and you're not losing power, so is there a real world benchmark that you can go against? If you're noticeably slower, then yeah, you might want to look at outside opinions, but if you're comfy, powerful and faster in the new position, then go with it.

Also worth noting - you said it's a new bike...is it also a new power meter versus before?

Valid point. I will go with it. Thanks for feedback. The power meter is the same: wahoo kickr 2017 :)

And to the rest: thanks for some constructive feedback and some less constructive feedback. If I ever post a video again, I will try to meet more points on the list.
Quote Reply