Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New aero Lemond bike
Quote | Reply
Look at this picture from yesterday's time trial - a new name for a P3.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...emtt/JDwholberg_can2
Quote Reply
Re: New aero Lemond bike [ajo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! Check out his position. I'm in pain just looking at it. Don't try that at home.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: New aero Lemond bike [ajo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wholberg has been riding P3's with LeMond decals for a few years now. One of his P3's was up for sale on ebay awhile ago complete with the LeMond paint job.
Quote Reply
Re: New aero Lemond bike [E-Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wow! Check out his position. I'm in pain just looking at it. Don't try that at home.
The pic might be misleading. He's obviously taking a fast downhill corner -- shifted back on his seat and leaning. The course was hilly.
Quote Reply
Re: New aero Lemond bike [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats with the one STI shifter and the two bar end shifters? Triple threat shifing is in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he may be on a slight downhill and shifted back a little, but not much.

i live in the same area and see him out riding all the time (even get lucky enough to ride with him on occasion), i can assure you, his position is quite extreme. he's not a that big of a guy and can get ridiculously low. while training for worlds he would come out on his tt bike to the local hammer head ride and basically just ride EVERYONE off his wheel. it really was quite impressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm... Looks awfully extreme to me. Just look at how low his arm pads are. He could probably touch his front tire with his pinky if he chose to. But I'm definately not an expert.

Another view:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/.../emtt/JDwholberg_can

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: New aero Lemond bike [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Wholberg has been riding P3's with LeMond decals for a few years now. One of his P3's was up for sale on ebay awhile ago complete with the LeMond paint job.[/reply]

I think I might have bought that bike. Did it have a Bontrager disk?
Quote Reply
Re: New aero Lemond bike [tri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could see putting a shifter on the horns to get started. I think that's why some guys use STI/Ergo on their TT bikes (as they hardly shift after they get going).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I envy his flexiblity and wish I had that kind of power that low. Damn!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems that the frame is too big for him....

Sergio Marques

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: New aero Lemond bike [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]It seems that the frame is too big for him....

Sergio Marques[/reply]

Sergio, you're spot on. I recall a couple of years ago an article somewhere that showed photos of him riding (I think) a Cervelo P3 in 650c. He's quite short and certainly rides a very extreme position.

But he then went to the Saturn Team, or the Saturn Team switched bikes, either way Saturn only uses 700c bikes so he is forced to use a Look Ergostem to get as low as he wants to.
Quote Reply