Re: New Zipp logo [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do. not. like.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ummmm, buried the lead?

Unless I missed the announcement of a tubeless Super-9 disc brake wheel from Zipp....

https://www.sram.com/...models/wh-sp9-tld-a1

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: New Zipp logo [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should have noted that in my original post, guess it’s a pretty big deal for those Zipp loyalists who run tubeless. I’d like the disc to have the Cognition hub and Showstopper brake track. Would probably put it north of 3k.
Quote Reply
Re: New Zipp logo [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it looks fine on the spoked wheels, but yeah that disc looks kinda bad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinda like it

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yuck
Quote Reply
Re: New Zipp logo [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Font looks ok to me, but I like three logos placed with evenly spaced out along the edge. You don't have to smear two big logos all over the disc like that. Less is more...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it.

I also like these new wheels they're coming out with. Zipp used to lag way, way behind in tubeless, but have finally gotten religion and jumped in with both feet.

I'm still all rim brake, except my gravel bike, so not for me. But when I finally get sucked into the disc brake Borg, I'll seriously consider Zipp again.
Quote Reply
Re: New Zipp logo [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Big logos scream "Look at me and how cool I am because I have the next big new thing everyone wants so will you be my friend?" There is nothing wrong with having stuff that is well made from the best materials and designs, but I often pass up some items because of the labels or tags because this isn't about "you", it is about me. At the cafe or bike shop you can bet that I will say what I love about the product if anyone asks.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: New Zipp logo [Slug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slug wrote:
At the cafe

If you bring a Super9 on the cafe ride, you'd better believe I'll have some "comments." :)
Last edited by: trail: May 31, 20 18:17
Quote Reply
Re: New Zipp logo [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Slug wrote:
At the cafe

If you bring a Super9 on the cafe ride, you'd better believe I'll have some "comments." :)
Oh Jeez, I just Googled that. I'd deserve all the snickers with one of those Prince scat platters.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply