Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New York Tri?
Quote | Reply
New York Tri?

Can anyone tell me about the course. Is the bike flat?

http://www.trizilla.com

And by the way. They're real, and they're spectacular!
Quote Reply
Re: New York Tri? [140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not super hilly but there are some bumps. It's mostly flat and fast though. If it is the same as last year there are two turn arounds which tend to slow riders down.

Watch out for big gaps or potholes on the westside highway and major congestion all over the place.

Good luck!

On a side note, last year we got race medals. I never expected to receive a medal for an olympic before.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As Trinitylethe said,the bike course is not super hilly,but there are some rollers.

Overall,its a smooth,very fast course.

The run from transition to Central park is about a mile, and is flat.Once you hit the park,you have 5 miles of rolling hills,with one flat section on the eastside.

The swim in the Hudson can be very fast if there is a strong current.

Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rollers. If you power down the down hills there's no need to get out of the big ring. One hill is long and steep relative to the rest of the course, but you should be able to stay aero for it.

I wouldn't call it "smooth" as anothe poster did. Keep your eyes open for lots of deep ruts and random spots where the concrete splits. And really really watch out for all the people. Slow movers riding 3 abreast can really clog things up. I ended up with a penalty there last year (I deserved it) because I ended up too close to someone while trying to navigate a particularly crowded section.

The run has one hill. Longish, but not too steep.
Quote Reply
Re: New York Tri? [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The course is fast, but not necessarilly flat.

You swim in the hudson with the current, so expect to knock off at least 20% off your typical 1-mile swim time.

The bike route is fast. It's not flat (thankfully) and you have some rollers and maybe one or two climbs that'll give you a chance to stretch out your legs.

The run route is a climb to get out of transition and flat entering central park. The park itself starts off fast, then is rolling as you head to the north end of the park. As you approach the north end of the park, there are two hills you have to ascend and after that, the last two miles are flat and fast.

Is it me or is the run less than the 10k reported? I posted my fastest 10k ever in this race for some reason...
Quote Reply