Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Wahoo Bolt maybe
Quote | Reply
I have noticed that after the announcement of the Garmin 130 and 520 plus that some places have already dropped the price of the Element Bolt.....I guess Wahoo will have to drop it now or maybe update it (although its not that old really)...thoughts? I sold my 520 right before the 520 plus was announced because I want to go with the Bolt but now I am wondering if there will be an updated Bolt or just a price drop.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo Bolt maybe [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should drop the Bolt price to around 150 and include the speed/cadence options as standard IMO.

I'd have one at that price! But as it stands, the Garmin 130 is significantly cheaper
Last edited by: Race1: Apr 22, 18 13:49
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo Bolt maybe [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race1 wrote:
They should drop the Bolt price to around 150 and include the speed/cadence options as standard IMO.

I'd have one at that price! But as it stands, the Garmin 130 is significantly cheaper

Why don't they just give you one free?

I've had the Garmin 500/ 510 and 520. Wahoo Bolt is better in every regard imo. The 520 and Bolt are priced the same...there is no reason to get a Garmin unless you're heavily integrated in the Garmin universe. I only wish there were more 3rd pary Wahoo mounts. I had to get a 3D printed Garmin-to-wahoo adapter for my Zipp BTA mount ont he tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo Bolt maybe [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Race1 wrote:

Why don't they just give you one free?

I've had the Garmin 500/ 510 and 520. Wahoo Bolt is better in every regard imo. The 520 and Bolt are priced the same...there is no reason to get a Garmin unless you're heavily integrated in the Garmin universe. I only wish there were more 3rd pary Wahoo mounts. I had to get a 3D printed Garmin-to-wahoo adapter for my Zipp BTA mount ont he tri bike.

+1

The bolt is head and shoulders better the garmin 130 so it should cost more. The both have colorless screen and that’s about it

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo Bolt maybe [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes cheaper but no structured workout support and the lack of power averages us a deal breaker for some.

Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo Bolt maybe [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Yes cheaper but no structured workout support and the lack of power averages us a deal breaker for some.
The bolt has structured workouts and has power averages as data fields.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo Bolt maybe [Joshua_L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup I know was referring to the 130.

Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo Bolt maybe [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
there is no reason to get a Garmin unless you're heavily integrated in the Garmin universe.
Maybe for you, but Connect IQ is a big plus for Garmin and I believe it's going to be a problem for Wahoo as more and more third parties provide connect iq data fields to support their devices (see the aeropod for example). Personally I like the Xert app and fields.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo Bolt maybe [Joshua_L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please correct me if I'm wrong - structured workouts is one aspect that keep me from replacing my 820 with a Bolt(*) - but are the Bolt's structured workouts really comparable to what is offered by the higher Edges?

* you need TrainingPeaks (o.k. it's free but still ...)
* you sync these workouts and they persist for only a few days and then you have to re-sync (or however this works) again?
* there is no simple interval option like on the higher Edges
* the only persistent workouts on the device are those Team Sky sample workouts

If this is the case then this is too limited for me. And too complicated.

Currently I have a set of workouts on my Edge 820. 30/30s, 2min/1mins and so on. Depending on how feel I load one of these. Often later in workout when I work on fatigue resistance. With the Bolt I would have to decide already at home before the ride what I'm about to be doing later.

(*) the other aspects:
+ I would need new mounts on all my bikes.
+ I'm a 1st gen Kickr owner. Actually swore to myself never ever to buy a Wahoo product again
Quote Reply