Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Ventum Bike Coming
Quote | Reply
https://instagram.com/p/BebWpOZBHU8/

Found it! Thanks Jim@ERO for the update

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Feb 7, 18 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ventum gravel bike...
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road bike

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Road bike

Curious that they would include all of these hashtags if it's anything other than a new tri bike.

#Triathlon #Triathlete #SwimBikeRun#Ventum #VentumOne #SBR #MyVentum
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the 3T stem

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
could just be a non integrated tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They already have a non-integrated bike. E.g. just a frame with a 3T Funda fork.

Front brake looks like a TriRig to me.

I know they have wanted to move off of the the open mold handelbar system, but I haven't caught any hints of a whole new main frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just test road their TT bike. Like a rocket! Super power transfer in the pedals, accelerated up to speed extremely fast. Very impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [MarkAllenCoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarkAllenCoach wrote:
Just test road their TT bike. Like a rocket! Super power transfer in the pedals, accelerated up to speed extremely fast. Very impressive.

Ahh come on Mark, get a grip!
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey what can I say. I loved the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarkAllenCoach wrote:

I think there is a lot to love about the bike. But a human cannot feel the difference in power transfer efficiency between any professionally manufactured bikes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new bike is.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Full suspension road bike!
Last edited by: LuckyLo: Jan 26, 18 21:00
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally I would agree @RowToTri with that. But every now and then something happens when trying out new equipment that jumps out as excitingly unique and positive. That's only happened a handful of times over the past 36 years for me with products I've tried. And with the Ventum there felt (and of course that is very subjective) to be a huge improvement in the power transfer between my pedaling and the response in the bike. I have not tested every single top frame out there on the market, so I can't attest to how it compares to all of them. But it was indeed an eyebrow raiser for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ventum ZM. It’s mechanical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarkAllenCoach wrote:

I think you missed the wonderfully placed "grip" pun. Well done J7(unless I'm reading into something that isn't there). Anyway, I would be highly skeptical about feeling a difference in "power transfer" but I will say that everyone I know who's ridden that bike for the first time comes off it loving the stability. They can't say enough about the handling. Same thing for the Premier. Perhaps that's what you felt?

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Last edited by: Jim@EROsports: Jan 26, 18 20:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarkAllenCoach wrote:

Is this a real account? or just another troll account?? Rode their TT bike and your were able to objectively ascertain all this? I have a hard time believing such a heavy bike that is proven independently to NOT be that great aerodynamics wise would get up to speed extremely fast.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, this is the real IRONMAN champ Mark Allen.

The results of the wind tunnel tests on the bike that presented Ventum as having the most drag of the other frames tested in one of the Forums here had some flaws. But regardless of the data, I know what I experienced, and that is way more important in my assessment of a product than what any test says. Think of it this way, the best a human eye can distinguish is between two line that are separated by a gap of 0.026mm gap. So for me to get on a bike and distinguish is as something better than I have ever experienced, well, that is good enough for me. And I have ridden the bike that tested the best in that wind tunnel test...
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd guess it's a similar phenomenon of overpressured tires feeling faster. It's probably very stiff so it feels fast. Doesn't mean it actually is. Also as Jim said, the stability may play a part in that as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope this is a troll. As an engineer, I can assure you that the lines on a graph are infinitely more meaningful in terms of data than your feelings during a short test ride. Not only are your feelings not actually able to distinguish the characteristics you claim, but they will be hugely biased by how you want the bike to feel.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
I'd guess it's a similar phenomenon of overpressured tires feeling faster. It's probably very stiff so it feels fast. Doesn't mean it actually is. Also as Jim said, the stability may play a part in that as well.

I wouldn't doubt that, I was just curious what is going on with The Grip posting. See if we can get him to post at all hours of the night to assess his sleep patterns and learn some magic from the magician ;)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: New Ventum Bike Coming [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah Grasshopper, there is more to the true nature of things than numbers on a graph. I had absolutely no investment in how the Ventum felt when I rode it. In fact, i was hoping it felt like just another of the other bikes that claimed to be the best thing since sliced bread. It was the same thing that happened when I ran in Salming running shoes a few years ago. I was hoping they felt like the other brands that said they were great. But indeed they were. And so was the Ventum.

The Grip
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok... back to the original topic

Ideas of what the Ventum announcement will be:

1. A special Mark Allen 1-6-21-Infintity Edition of the Ventum Bike (google it)

2. A big battery that will fit in the open space of the frame, creating not only a legal diamond configuration but the worlds most powerful e-bike

3. A new aerobar with special aerodynamic GRIPS (ok had to do that one)

4 Not a bike at all but a contest to see if the Slowtwitch community can set a new record and chase Mark Allen out of here faster that they did Chris Boardman! (can someone post the current record please?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heard recently on a podcast that they were looking into making a uci legal road bike, but with a few innovations.

If this is it, would be interesting to see what it is exactly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I'm not a triathlete, I have no clue who you are, but I know a shill when I see one. I find it highly amusing that you're so quick to point out flaws in test when you base what is fast in your feelings.

Back to Ventum; my money is on something ugly and slow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looked like they showed off a round seatpost so.... I have no idea. Definitely an Omega X brake so gravel bike is out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next