Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Tri Rig Armrests
Quote | Reply
Posted on the Facebook page. Look comfortable.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: May 9, 19 9:48
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interesting. I'm still getting used to the Ergo cups. Those feel massive to me, though very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They look good. I think this trend of more surface area is a good one.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it! Take my money now
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
They look good. I think this trend of more surface area is a good one.

I agree that more contact area could be good.

But I find myself slightly shifting my arms in the cups just to stay comfy with current sized pads.

My concern with something like this is how restrictive it is or is there some lateral float that allows you to not be locked in 100%?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They look the same as 51 speedshop

Timothy Winslow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it’s just the picture, but look huge. Like too big

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Maybe it’s just the picture, but look huge. Like too big

Not what she said.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nazgul350r wrote:

Not what she said.

Speak for yourself, buddy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My $0.02, the inner part of the curve doesn't need to be there. If you're set up correctly your forearms should be pressed against your bta bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like where they're going, but need a little more out front and want it to narrow as it climbs my forearm.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like my Ergo cups...probably one of the most comfortable and quality products i've used.

hey TriRig - any chance you guys could make a basic carbon mono pad? i really don't want to shop overseas and i know the margins on these things are nuts. pretty please?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those curious - these are currently just a concept we will be testing. These days, we no longer post things that are just in the concept or prototype phase, but figured this would be fun to share.

We are currently machining a few sets out of alloy, to see what the extremely high area will be like. There is NOTHING on the market this long. I *think* the 51-Speedshop cups are approximately the same in length as our Ergo Cups, which are 115mm long.

These prototype cups are 165mm long. Basically half your arm length! There is currently nothing even close to this long right now. For those who are very careful about details, you might note that we also had to make a new prototype Dragonfly to allow the longer cups to clear the extension clamps. We will have the machined parts back in a couple weeks and likely post more.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
They look ridiculous.

fixed that for you ;)
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Morelock wrote:
They look ridiculous.

fixed that for you ;)

If you have any tilt at all they will definitely increase the frontal area.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen me on a bike? Redneck from TN in spandex with a pointy hat? I think I've got ridiculous covered regardless of armrests ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/...re-tribar-arm-rests/

The taper up the forearm is why I purchased these.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As someone who rides on my elbows, I’d much rather have a smaller cup that is actually more cup shaped to rest the elbow in. Longer pads do nothing for me.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
As someone who rides on my elbows, I’d much rather have a smaller cup that is actually more cup shaped to rest the elbow in. Longer pads do nothing for me.

Just have to get the armrest angle right. But I do think these are ridiculous.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not UCI legal, but interesting.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rockdude wrote:
Not UCI legal, but interesting.

Haha, yeah, not even close...

Heath Dotson
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw the in the newsletter, looks like they will be coming!

I wonder if this will also functionally give more reach adjustability, since I see an extra row of holes. I may be in the market for a cockpit upgrade this offseason (black friday sales?!) But with a 75mm stem on my XL Shiv, Tririg is 1-2 cm long for me even in setback position.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [TriDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XL Shiv with an effective 55mm stem being too short ... may indicate a bad bike fit. But yes, our upcoming cups will offer significantly more reach adjustment.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Rig Armrests [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it's an actual and effective 75mm stem, current pads are in the middle, but when I measured reach I was at something like 515 (going off of memory) with slammed base bar. My stack is high due to poor flexibility (I have multiple spine fusions from broken back a few years ago) Slammed base bar on the alpha has a min 525 reach based on your chart, which is where I got the 1 cm.

Again, going off of memory from when I measured a few months ago. User error is possible.
Last edited by: TriDW: Aug 8, 19 7:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to try them out this past weekend on an Omni. They sure do offer a lot of forearm support, unlike my 3T Brezza II limited compacts, of course. However, I wonder if the length is a bit of overkill--seems it could be a bit less and still have tons of comfort to offer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next