Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Tri Bike!!!!
Quote | Reply
Hi all...thinking of getting a new tri bike but can't decide which one.

I am pretty open in terms of choices. Kuota Kaliber, P3C, Kestrel Airfoil Pro, Guru Tri Ti, or QR Lucero. Litespeed Blade is just too $$$$ for me. IM is my primary race. I currently ride an Aegis T2 (sweet bike!!!) but i feel that the top tube is a little too long for me.

Pls advise?

Thank you!

IM Student
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [IM Student] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I'd call for the Airfoil.

Those are all nice bikes, but for an IM, I'd lean for the Kestrel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you eliminated the option of a Softride or Titanflex?

chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ze Gopha, can u educate me on why u prefer the Airfoil Pro? I know its seat angle is 76 degree but so are Lucero and Kaliber!!
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Softride i will have to ride a 650c and i prefer to ride a 700c!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rare.
UCI Illegal.
Solid Graphics.
Unique One-of-a-kind Design.
And Visually appealing in a techy sort of way.

Very few other people have Kestrel Airfoils. Its a great design. Kestrel got the paint right.. All in all, it's a cool bike.
Last edited by: Ze Gopha: Sep 20, 05 14:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't worry about what brand or model yet. Go get fit by a really good fitter and then see what frame suits your dimensions. When I bought my bike all I wanted was a Guru, but they didn't fit me so I ended up goign with a custom Elite. Fit is the most important thing.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of student could afford those bikes? When I was a college student it was top ramen and a Schwinn!
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Student by that i mean someone still learning the ins and outs of racing Ironman distance!!
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [chrisc70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx Chris. Point well taken!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KALIBUR- fast forward, aero bladed, super light, comfy and can go long or short. it's fantastic, fabulous and sweet all at the same time.

Lee Zohlman, Lead Coach/President
BodyZen Multi Sport Coaching
http://www.bodyzen.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well...ok then. Seriously all these bikes are top shelf. You are not going to win or lose a race based on which brand but you may if it does not fit you. You already indicated the T2 doesn't fit so maybe you should find out which bike's size and geometry is best for you.

Just trying to save Tom D some time here....
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx Mike. I totally agree with you. I have looked at all their geometries and they are not that far off from each other. But in any case, yes, fitting comes first. Looks like i will be heading to BSM...good thing they are not too far from me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of Guru...why not go with a custom Guru? You'll be virtually guaranteed a bike that fits perfectly, looks good, is well-made and has a straight-up company standing behind it. Quess what I ride?
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [Frank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank, I will for sure take that into consideration. I wasnt aware that Guru makes customized bikes!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their customs are only like $150 extra depending what you do. I have about 500 miles on my custom Guru Tri Ti and just love it, I find it every bit as comfortable as the Softride Rocket that I had before this ti work of art. It is comfortable, fits right, rides like on rails, but was near $3200 frame/fork.

They will custom anything in their line, carbon included. My bike arrived 3 weeks after the order was placed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't go wrong with all those choices, top of the ladder models.Suggest the one that your LBS services best. Or, in my honest opinion, the one that makes your heart skip a beat at first sight.
It will always make you feel good riding it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For that kind of money, go for an Elite Razor. I've ridden most of the bikes on your list. I bought my Razor about a year ago and have never been happier with a bike. Dave Greenfield at Elite is awesome and will keep you in the loop throughout the fitting, manufacturing, and custom paint process. Plus you get the free tuneup at IMNA races from InsideOut Sports. They're top notch as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the bikes you have listed are in the sub 5 hour stud category. If you are that studly then cool. If not, I have to say that the P3SL is the smoothest bike I have ever ridden in the tri position and that includes Kestrel 200 roadbike, QR Kilo, Litespeed Tachyon, Softride powercurve, Guru Trilite and Cervelo Soloist. I still think that the P3SL is only for sub 5:30 studs. I have a way to go to get back to those speeds, but my recent half Ironman splits suggest that it is possible to do this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the vote for the P3SL. The best thing about this bike is how you feel once you're off the bike! After doing 5 and 6 hr rides, my legs felt great and ready to run. If you're planning on doing an IM sometime in the future, this is definately something to consider. All the bikes you have mentioned are great bikes and obviously fit is the most important consideration. I only have experience with this higher end bike and so far I would not trade it for any bike out there. Plus, it has to be the coolest looking bike on the market. (even better than the P3C). dave
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [the professor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave and Dev, thanx for the input on P3-SL!! Isnt P3-SL an aluminum frame? Doesnt that beat u up pretty bad after a 100+ miles ride? So i like to know why you think this is sucha comfortable bike. Pls educate! Thanx!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Softride i will have to ride a 650c and i prefer to ride a 700c![/reply]

Jurgen Zack rides a 650. He rides pretty good, no? OR, try a titanflex. Especially if your an IMer, try a beam bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read Tom's article on the P3SL at his website: www.bikesportmichigan.com

He discusses the bike in full detail. In fact, while i was getting my bike tuned up and race ready for IMLP, Tom kept telling me "I want your bike"! dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree - go custom Guru and get the best of all worlds: excellent build quality, perfect fit, somewhat rare in the general bike world, and looks great (important when spending upwards of 4K for sure). And yes, I ride a Guru (and a Litespeed).

Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I still think that the P3SL is only for sub 5:30 studs."

Uhm Dev, I'd have to humbly disagree and say the P3SL is ONLY for anyone with $3599 ($4899 CDN) in their bank account according to the prices listed on the Cervelo website.

Can't imagine there are too many retailers out there that would refuse to sell a P3SL to a customer that can't go sub 5:30.

If that was the case nobody would have ever sold me a P2K. :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next