Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New TCR COMPOSITE! What Front Derr, Seatpost, BB?
Quote | Reply
I am picking up my new TCR composite frame tommorow. I need to order my groupset. A few newbie questions. Thanks

Is it a braze on or clamp? If braze on what size?

English or Italian BB?

What diameter seatpost?

additionally, what is the difference between a short, medium and long cage campy rear derraileur? I thought they were all the same length. Are there any compatibillity issues?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New TCR COMPOSITE! What Front Derr, Seatpost, BB? [trijunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Campy and a composite TCR. What a sweet ride. You might want to ask on the newsgroup rec.bicycles.tech as there are a lot of resident experts there. I could likely be wrong but to the best of my knowledge:

"Is it a braze on or clamp? If braze on what size? "

I'd assume it's braze on as it is on my aluminium TCR but you could use either. I believe there is only one braze on size. Clamp-ons come in different sizes.

"English or Italian BB? "

English

"What diameter seatpost?"

27.2 on my aluminium frame, but it could be different on yours

"additionally, what is the difference between a short, medium and long cage campy rear derraileur? "

Ask on rec.bicycle.tech as that's where the Campy roadie affectionatos seem to hang out. Shimano is much more common among tri-geeks. Our resident Campy expert is Record 9Ti. Hopefully he'll show up to answer this.

Sorry for not being more helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: New TCR COMPOSITE! What Front Derr, Seatpost, BB? [trijunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Campy gruppo are you looking at?

I am putting the new Chorus 10 on my new Trek 5500. VERY sweet stuff!

=====================================
It's ALL about the bike!
Quote Reply
Re: New TCR COMPOSITE! What Front Derr, Seatpost, BB? [asd99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pick up my TCR from the shop today. I'm getting wood thinking about it!
You need a Braze on f. derailleur for double chainrings.
27.2 for the seatpost if I remember correctly. I just took the old carbon post out of my other frame and dropped it into the Giant.
English BB
The guys at the shop you are ordering from will know all of this. If mailordering I'd say you have a 50/50 chance.
The Giant frame, fork headset weighs less than my old frame does!!! I should have it dialed in by Friday so email me and I'll let you know how it rides.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Front derailleur is braze on - looked at it just yesterday. Sweet finish on this year's model...

Rear Campy derailleur differences:

Short cage is the choice of strong road racers with a double crankset. Max rear cog is 26. Perfect if you are a strong climber or live in the flats. Also well suited to the compact crankset. It is lighter because there is less metal in the cage and may shift smoother, but I doubt you could really tell the difference between the short cage and the ...

Medium cage. This is for the rider with a double who needs more teeth in the rear - it maxes out at 29. If you are not confident about making it up the toughest climbs in 39/26, and you are not opting for the compact cranks from FSA or Stronglight, this is the size to get.

Long cage is for the triple setup. Max cog in the rear is 29. Only get it if you are riding a triple.
Quote Reply
Re: New TCR COMPOSITE! What Front Derr, Seatpost, BB? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks alot. I went with campy chorus 2004. carbon shifters rear derr., didn't have the cash for the carbon crankset, but hard to justify. ITM carbon seapost, stem, and bars, went with 31.8 bars and stem, didn't know what was better, what do you guys think? I will build it on friday. also got the campy zonda wheels. should be a sweet ride. i will post some pics when built and a review later on.

Thanks

now i have to sell my softride and upgrade my tt bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't your new ride come with the sweet daddy FSA carbon cranks?

~~~sweet~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply