Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Specialized Sitero W/ grip pads!
Quote | Reply
!Was looking at trying to possibly order the new sitero and came across this. Thoughts? Does anyone have one? Glad to see they are making more saddles and posting them on the site that are "unavailable at this time". :(

https://www.specialized.com/...?color=291880-184156

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Jun 7, 19 10:31
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Sitero W/ grip pads! [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the new Sitero II without grip tape.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Sitero W/ grip pads! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you ever use the original? if so how does it compare? I am on the original and its not that bad but I recently changed positions and I am not digging it with the new position. I am trying a ISM PN3.0 right now and not sure what i think at the moment. looking at options.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. I went from a Cobb 55 to this.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Sitero W/ grip pads! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm very interested in your comparison of the 2. What made you change and what do you prefer about the Sitero?

Thanks,
Elliot
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Sitero W/ grip pads! [ElliotOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to try something new. I like the look of the Sitero and the integrated bottle mount on the back. It feels as good as my Cobb 55.

Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Sitero W/ grip pads! [ElliotOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also ride the Sitero II without the grip tape. I went from an Adamo to the Sitero (but tried a fabric and mistica saddle in between and didn’t like them). As far as comfort, no better or worse than the Adamo. But I liked the look and the option for the clean, integrated hydration in the saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to see the increased recognition by mfgrs that some grip is needed here (lots of pros doing hacks with shoo goo, skateboard tape, etc.). Surprised they stitched something on vs some sort of silicone application.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Sitero W/ grip pads! [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the stitching just keeps the edges from peeling upward?

What I find interesting with this saddle is that the grip area is quite prescriptive. It's pretty clear where the manufacturer thinks you should be putting your weight.

If this was the norm then the bike fit measurements could be about where this specific part of the saddle is. Rather than the nose and assuming the rider then sits a certain distance back from the nose. The cyclist can feel where they are in relation to the grip. So seems like fine tuning of the saddle position based on if you are moving to the front or back of the patch would be easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a somewhat related note.....don't assume that just because the original Sitero worked for you, that the newer Sitero 2 shape will as well.
I've been using the original for a good 4 years I think. I tried the newer one last week, my prostate was in intense pain after one hour of riding. The cutout is narrower on the new one. Yes, it goes all the way through the saddle, but that was never really necessary anyway to relieve pressure, the cutout in the original is deep enough. But the narrower cut in it caused me mass pain...
Mine will be in classifieds shortly... (non-grip version expert gel).
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jun 9, 19 3:54
Quote Reply