Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Quarq Powermeter Models.. [mieke@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Purchased the 53/39 130 Elsa back in February. If I want to switch to 50/34 rings for some courses, is it as simple as purchasing new rings and swapping them out?
Quote Reply
Re: New Quarq Powermeter Models.. [cwool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most cranks are either 130 or 110 bolt circle, It sounds like you have 130 so a 38 tooth small ring is as small as will fit.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
change the cassette?

easier and cheaper :)

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thinking of making this purchase myself, how has the SRAM Quarq ELSA worked for you & are you happy with the Left/Right power balance?

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."-President John F. Kennedy
Quote Reply
Re: New Quarq Powermeter Models.. [DBESS340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 95% happy with my Elsa. The missing 5% is a couple minor gripes in that once you purchase a Quarq, your not done. First, in order to apply firmware updates you need Qalvin (Quarqs free app) and most likely the Wahoo Fitness Key (not so free). Second, if it weren't for Slowtwitch, I'm not sure how one is to know if there is a firmware update needed/available. I still think the cool kids must know a secret Quarq handshake or something in regard to getting updates.

All that said, Quarq customer service is fantastic. Again, I'm 95% happy with my Elsa.

Not sure the left/right power balance has panned out to be big deal for me other than something that is fun to look at. It doesn't vary more than 2-3% and it constantly changes based on effort. Probably would be just as happy with the Riken, however, I was too ancy to wait for it to come out at the time:)

Two Thumbs Up on The Elsa.
Last edited by: cwool: May 29, 13 17:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update, I just downloaded the Quarq App to my iPhone to see check out the features. I already have a Wahoo Fitness Key, so I'm ahead of the power curve that. I have a Full Dura-Ace group set with Di2 shifters so I'm very weary about switching out my crank, but I'm done waiting on the Vector & I need power now. So I'll probably going to go with the Quarq.

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."-President John F. Kennedy
Quote Reply

Prev Next