Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Poll: How do you feel about IRONMAN's handling of its customers during the pandemic?
Quote | Reply
if you have a desktop, it's at the right. if you're reading from a handheld you should see the poll if you scroll down a bit. note the other thread on the forum about the CEO's just-released video to customers.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New Poll: How do you feel about IRONMAN's handling of its customers during the pandemic? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I answered that I'm completely satisfied but that is because IMC is giving refunds to 2020 registrants, which is definitely an outlier case.
Quote Reply
Re: New Poll: How do you feel about IRONMAN's handling of its customers during the pandemic? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exceptionally good.

We had full refunds including administration fees to IM Canada.

Unexpected, and couldn't ask for anything more.

Even the airline only gave us flight credits...
Quote Reply
Re: New Poll: How do you feel about IRONMAN's handling of its customers during the pandemic? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had 4 races cancelled but were happy to finish the 2020 season with a race in Cozumel. WTC has treated me in a way which is acceptable given the circumstances. Of course it would be better if they were fortune tellers and could anticipate on what's coming but nobody can.
I think Andrew's video message was correct. There is not much more he can say. Let's hope vaccines get administered in an efficient way so me can get back to a more or less normal life soon.
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: New Poll: How do you feel about IRONMAN's handling of its customers during the pandemic? [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No poll showing up ( android phone in europe)

Both IM races i entered for 2020 got postphoned and then postphoned again. I understand that we are all dealing with unusual circumstances. A refund would have been the most convenient for me but not an option. I can understand the reasoning for that aswell. There were options to choose for a different race which might have been helpful for some. If no action was taken, you'd be entered for the same race. Re-registering for the same race seemed a bit overcomplicating things. I'm wondering if i will be able to do the 2021 races, international travel in europe is a bit complicated right now. We'll have to wait and see, but probably not. Curious to see what will happen when the race happens but i won't be able to fly out there, money lost, refund or a later race... Who knows...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely satisfied - they allowed me to postpone my entry to IM Cozumel to 2021 after the deadline has passed (couldn't travel due to UK legislation issued in early November 2020).

Also, they have a product that is a cornerstone of my life and gives me a (I think) healthy balance. People can complain all they want about refunds, but my life would definitely be worse without Ironman, hard to put a $ number on that. No complaints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m satisfied. I was signed up for IMMT 70.3 in 2020, didn’t do a darn thing and eventually received my cheque for the lions share. It took a while, but I was expecting 0 because I wasn’t interested in 2021 as I didn’t/don’t think it would actually happen. So, you know, cool!

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
if you have a desktop, it's at the right. if you're reading from a handheld you should see the poll if you scroll down a bit. note the other thread on the forum about the CEO's just-released video to customers.

I am accessing Slowtwitch on my laptop, and it shows the polls results, but I didn't vote. When I clicked the link to go vote, it told me I had already voted which I had not.
Quote Reply