Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New P5 Disc already?
Quote | Reply
I just spoke to my LBS to order a new P5 disc but the specs and color schemes given don't match what's on the Cervelo site. One color option was black/black/graphite and the other was black/black/teal, the Dura Ace bike now was DT Swiss ARC wheels (62/80) and doesn't include the Ceramicspeed upgrade bits. The bikes are available this week apparently, is there already a new P5D? Seems very odd to me. I wanted the original black/black green with the DA, Enve wheels and Ceramicspeed parts... plus the price has gone up on the newer bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my part of the World (Canada), i could only get the frame in Black / Coral (matching the site), frame was delivered 4-5 weeks ago.

Sound like someone is doing a build for you...
Last edited by: benleg: Jul 9, 19 6:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they downgraded the spec, but upped the price?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't be the first time they've done this. When I was shopping for a C5 a few years back, the new model year had just been released. Same story - downgraded specs and increased price. I was lucky enough to find one of the last current-year models in my size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t think it is that odd. Most companies see July as the start of the 2020 season, just like Felt and Trek are doing right now. I think the new colours you are rfeering to maybe were already planned, but just the release of the original colour got pushed forward. I know from Shimano people that where issues with deliveries of specific disc brake parts earlier this year that interupted launches from a few bikes with several companies. Cervelo might also be one of them. I'm not sure if it was the case but if it was it could explain why the time frame between the new and original colours is a bit short now.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Jul 10, 19 8:25
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah that makes more sense then. I placed an order in May for the original Dura Ace bike but was notified yesterday that the bike I’m getting isn’t the one I wanted so I was very surprised.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  1. sorelegs wrote:
    I just spoke to my LBS to order a new P5 disc but the specs and color schemes given don't match what's on the Cervelo site. One color option was black/black/graphite and the other was black/black/teal, the Dura Ace bike now was DT Swiss ARC wheels (62/80) and doesn't include the Ceramicspeed upgrade bits. The bikes are available this week apparently, is there already a new P5D? Seems very odd to me. I wanted the original black/black green with the DA, Enve wheels and Ceramicspeed parts... plus the price has gone up on the newer bike.

Yes, I posted this a few months ago on another P5 D thread here when it was first released. Mentioned that there will be an "all stealth" black model coming out, per the Cervelo rep that launched this and the P3X at Colorado Multisport. That is the 2020 model that he mentioned.
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, my all black frameset is in the UPS truck just now....Friday cannot come too soon!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the case for the whole cervelo line up like the p5x and p3x or just the p5 disc?
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [spectrum5825] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure. I only have been after a frameset and when I got the word, it was only about the frameset colours.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
Yep, my all black frameset is in the UPS truck just now....Friday cannot come too soon!

Are there photos/images of this all black frameset somewhere? It had completely passed me by...!
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I post a photo of mine once it arrives. Was told I could not share the image prior

Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [spectrum5825] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the P3X is not changing for 2020. Not 100% sure about the P5X but I believe it is carrying on for next year but once it's gone, it's gone.

Brian Jacobson
Fit2Ride Velo Studio
http://www.fit2ridevelo.com
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [BrianJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean by once it's gone, it's gone? Color scheme or are they doing out with the P5X?
Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [Blizzard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P3X frame is lighter and stiffer. As I said, I do not know for sure but I would guess that the P5X either goes away or gets updated. I could see them taking the current P5X cockpit (which is different from the P3X) and putting it on the P3X frame with the Dura-Ace Di2 or Red eTap AXS group and appropriate wheels and creating a "new" P5X but that is total speculation on my part.

Brian Jacobson
Fit2Ride Velo Studio
http://www.fit2ridevelo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See pics attached... these are the Ultegra options
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That stealth looking black is very cool although some will find it boring. Can’t help liking all black bikes. Do you if it all matte or gloss with matte paint?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: New P5 Disc already? [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Are there photos/images of this all black frameset somewhere? It had completely passed me by...!

Pic please:-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply