Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Orleans roll call
Quote | Reply
8 days out, who's in? I'll be racing in the 35-39ag. Wonder what the times for the top 5 guys will finish in my age group? Best of luck to everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [kgfire03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in, not sure why, but I'm in. 30-34 AG. Hoping to run the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in too. 40-44 AG. It's gonna be rough. I haven't been training like I should. But it will be fun regardless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. 30-34. Not where I want to be but a good hard training day none the less. Looking forward to the finish line though.

The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die.-Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. M 18-24. Its my 2nd half and first season solely training for tris. Switching sports after 7 years of crew.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there W35-39.

Are there really almost 3000 racers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, 60+ age group, first half in 7 years, looking to have fun and finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M25-29. First Tri, should be a good one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in. Since this is my backyard I figured I has to do the race. This is my first Tri. I swam the course this week and have been in the lake for the last couple weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn't going to be, but I'll be there as will my sister (which is why I'll be there). Doubtful for a finish as I've not been able to run for 5 weeks and now I've caught a lovely cold. Damned expensive aquabike to be sure. :(
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like 3070 individuals; add in all relay members and its up to 3500. We'll have to wait and see how many hit the start mat.
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [HillBlitzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, in M18-24 with only 11 months of actual tri training with this being my second half. See you at the transition hillblizter :) I got red/white/blue litespeed.
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm in, 60+ age group, first half in 7 years, looking to have fun and finish.
Rock on John Cobb! So what are you riding/wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [PaintIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the temp. of the lake? Also the clarity and does the sea wall produce a chop from the waves bouncing back off of it?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [aplohris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll keep my eyes open for that litespeed, Aplohris. I've got a red/white/black Cervelo P2C. How many ppl are running disc wheels for this race? I'm debating whether or not I should try to borrow one.
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [HillBlitzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't own any race wheels per se.... but i considered last week buying a disc wheel cover, but opted to wait since it might be windy and wouldn't want to try and get used to that for the first time while on the course. haha.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there! 50-54 AG. 20th tri, 1st 70.3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Whats the temp. of the lake? Also the clarity and does the sea wall produce a chop from the waves bouncing back off of it?
Thanks
Last weekend the temp of the lake where the swim course is was 68F. It may have gotten a little cooler since then due to all the rain we had. Last Wednesday it did feel a little cooler but I don't know what the actual temp was. The clarity was nice for the lake on Wednesday but may have gotten a little screwed up from the rain/wind churning things up. The see wall does not really produce any chop. As long as there are no North winds for the race it should be calm. Wednesday we has strong South wind but the lake was like glass where the swim course is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. 50-54 age group.
First half of the season.
Good luck to everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm racing the 25-29 ag. 2nd Half.

Hoping to better my first attempt at the distance, and beat 3 college buddies who are doing the race as well.

Any other fellow Tulanians in the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MLM summed it up well.
"Quote
Last weekend the temp of the lake where the swim course is was 68F. It may have gotten a little cooler since then due to all the rain we had. Last Wednesday it did feel a little cooler but I don't know what the actual temp was. The clarity was nice for the lake on Wednesday but may have gotten a little screwed up from the rain/wind churning things up. The see wall does not really produce any chop. As long as there are no North winds for the race it should be calm. Wednesday we has strong South wind but the lake was like glass where the swim course is. "

I am swimming this afternoon or in the morning and I will get a water temp but I would say around 67-68. I am swimming in a 2mm long john suit and am plenty warm. Good visibility in the lake is if you can see your hand as you stroke. wind today is out of the southwest and gusty to around 20 I would say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am racing in womens 35-39 and am looking forward to it. I am a smaller sized athlete, and no doubt about it - I am riding a disc wheel.

I was concerned about the swim in Lake Pontchartrain after having learned that snakes are in it, but after seeing the official race poster, I have other concerns. Anyone else notice that the artist drew a roll of toilet paper, a toilet plunger, and a FEMA flyer in the lake along with the swimmer? WTF is with that? Good thing I am bringing my fullsuit. Now I just need to make sure not to swallow any lake water.

Last edited by: Aunt Em: Mar 28, 09 13:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in New Orleans this weekend and this is my first time visiting. I am having a great time here and I highly recommend New Orleans as a place to visit.

I am sorry though to miss the race next weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can hear it now -

NBC - "Mr. McCormack how were you so easily able to win your 2nd IM World Championship this year"
Macca - "Well, it has to be due to my 3rd foot that has recently grown off my right leg. Not sure how it happened, but it seems to have all started after that HIM in New Orleans earlier this year".

You're lucky they only showed toilet paper on that poster. The shit that's in that lake especially since Katrina is just unbelievable. At least the part that we are swimming in is supposedly the "nice" part of the lake! And yes, I'll be there.

35-39 AG or possibly Clyde. Can't remember. The 3500 signed up scares me though. That seems like A LOT of people! We'll see.
Quote Reply
Re: New Orleans roll call [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for the 60+ AG
With a wave start at 8 AM will finish just in time for the afternoon nap.
See everyone there!!!!

fal7 in windy Galveston today!
Quote Reply

Prev Next