Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New North American IM Announcement on June 12th
Quote | Reply
IM is announcing the new IM race in either Des Moines, Fayetteville, Tulsa, or Memphis on June 12th. I live in Iowa so wound like it in Des Moines, but I have heard good things about Fayetteville. I don't know much about the other 2 cities.

What site do you want to race at?
Last edited by: EricP: Jun 11, 19 9:38
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably Fayetteville - it has a massive community of runners and cyclists, and you can lay out a fair IM course there. But it will all depend on the timing of the race...

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is a full IM at Tulsa and a couple 70.3’s at the other locations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My money is that they all get a full, on a rotating basis like we've seen announced at St George, with a 70.3 on the off years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you may want to copy edit your post title.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hadn't considered that, but that would be an interesting announcement. I actually kind of like that idea.
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

God, that's painful to read.

Just do it for him...please

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
Slowman wrote:

God, that's painful to read.

Just do it for him...please

no! maybe the new new accounement is coming. who am i to say?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no! maybe the new new accounement is coming. who am i to say? ///

And I already have seen the old new announcement, so will be waiting for the new new one too...
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen the original accounement, let alone the new one. And now there's a new new accounement?

Is there a neswteller I can subscribe to, so I don't miss out on all the accounements?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: New North American IM Announcement on June 12th [EricP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in whichever location they choose. These are all places that I would like to visit but would never prioritize without a race attached to the visit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fixed the subject. Below is the announcement from IM.

New IRONMAN coming soon

Four cities are in the running to host the first brand-new full-distance IRONMAN triathlon in the United States since 2014. Those cities are Des Moines (Iowa), Fayetteville (Arkansas), Memphis (Tennessee) and Tulsa (Oklahoma). The new event is expected to take place in late-Spring/early-Summer of 2020.

IRONMAN will announce the chosen city on June 12th at 1:15 PM ET on theIRONMAN Facebook page.

All World Athletes will receive Priority Entry links and codes after the conclusion of the announcement. General registration for the new event will open on June 19th at 12 PM ET.

- Your IRONMAN Team

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Memphis is a cool place. Seems odd that they would have two full distance races in Tennessee though.
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Fayetteville and lived their for 7+ years. It won't be Fayetteville ... definitely some logistic / venue concerns. It has the potential for a fabulous course from my training experience there and my relationships in the community. But its going to be a bigger city with better resources

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VERY doubtful ... these cities dolling out money for an event do not want it every 3-4 years. They want the yearly revenue and the opportunity to build it up

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't count it out. When your looking at Fayetteville your looking at all of North West Arkansas which is quite big.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would rather see Ironman Erie.

or

Bring full distance back to Atlantic City.
Last edited by: LifeTri: Jun 11, 19 12:15
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the WalMart muscle behind it.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: New North American IM Announcement on June 12th [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
I would rather see Ironman Erie.

Erie, Pennsylvania? That would put 2 Ironman races within 125 miles of each other. Seems like they’d just be competing for athletes.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's interesting that they would say it's down to four cities; are they trying to wring more $$$ outta one of them?
I'll go with Fayetteville - they have World Championships in Cyclocross in a couple of years, apparently a lot of really good MTB trails, and Walton grandsons with lots of $$ to spend on their hobbies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where does the new IM Canada (Penticton) fit in all this? When will it be announced?
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
I love Fayetteville and lived their for 7+ years. It won't be Fayetteville ... definitely some logistic / venue concerns. It has the potential for a fabulous course from my training experience there and my relationships in the community. But its going to be a bigger city with better resources

I lived in Fayetteville for years also. The swim is a tough fit. I've heard Lake Fayetteville mentioned, but that's a bit yucky and would take some work to set up getting in and out.

Have lots of relatives in Tulsa and have been there many times. Haven't looked at where they'd set it up there, but more options there I'd assume.
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly would love to see the race there, I have fond memories of Fayetteville and my numerous long rides around NWA.

If WalMart wanted to put its money behind the race I believe they would make logistics works. ;-) A number of years ago Wal-Mart did not want to buy in to a 70.3 race in NWA (finishing in Bentonville w/ a swim at Prairie Creek, Bike heading west and run in Bentonville)

What is the condition of Lake Fayetteville these days? Never use to be able to swim there but I use to swim with a Kayak guide very early in the morning there and people thought I was crazy ;-)

Dave Latourette
Last edited by: Dave Latourette: Jun 11, 19 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: New New North American IM Accounement on June 12th [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived in Fayetteville for 10 years. When they say Fayetteville my guess is the greater Fayetteville area. Think Lake Beaver too. I guess we will see the answer later today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has this happened yet? Was there an outcome? How do you watch?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply

Prev Next