Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Nike Next% out today
Quote | Reply
A Lille mellower color scheme and homage to the original name of the company and the first store that Nike’s were sold in Santa Monica....on their website...I snagged a pair.

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rcmioga wrote:
A Lille mellower color scheme and homage to the original name of the company and the first store that Nike’s were sold in Santa Monica....on their website...I snagged a pair.

Definitely one of the more vanilla colorings of the Next% array. Pretty cool.

You have to applaud Nike's product design and brand management / marketing teams. They are really pumping out designs and colors in a way to keep demand going on the same design at a price that seems acceptable by the market.

They could probably pump out another 2 'flavors' of this shoe before the Alpha Fly is released in a few months.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link or pics? Couldn't find

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, a $250 shoe that’s only good for around 200 miles, and they can’t keep them in stock!
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, $250 is a LOT of money for a running shoe for sure.

I get more than 200 miles on a pair--is that all you achieved or are you just repeating someone's actual experience?

There also is the fact that its a lot faster and much easier on your legs....might have something to do with the fact it sells out....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
200 miles is plenty for a race day shoe. Unless you're racing a 10k every weekend or a marathon every other month, they should last you a few years
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that true, only good for 200 miles? Documented any where or just your opinion?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just repeating what I’ve read, but that number has been used frequently. Could be everyone using the same wrong information. I went on the site to buy a pair and all the vaporflys next% in my size were out of stock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it just color way difference ?
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
Is that true, only good for 200 miles? Documented any where or just your opinion?

I found it https://uk.reuters.com/...ources-idUKKBN1ZN0MJ
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it’s we documented on this site that people are getting more than 200 out of them. Have over 300 on the Originals and still going strong, over 150 on Fly knit and still going strong and expect my Next% to get more based on what I have read and the improvements on the outsole from the VF.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience is well passed 200 miles.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Close to 300 on mine and they feel the same as they did at mile 1.
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same. The Next% are more durable IME than the 4%. Have a few pair of both. My most used 4% have 428 miles and are fine but showing wear now.

My most used Next% are at 300 and are perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the difference between the Next% and the 4%?
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My size are sold out and only 11.5 and up left. I need a pair badly!

I do have both 4% and Next%. They are slightly different in a good way. I like socks-like 4% fitment and easy to slip on Next% feature. In a sprint Tri, it’s very hard for me to wear 4% during transition. I have to pull them hard to wear. Anyway, both are great shoes and I alternate them so they will wear out evenly.
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn sold out in my size. Member access my ass! Great marketing creating a “shortage”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
Wow, a $250 shoe that’s only good for around 200 miles, and they can’t keep them in stock!

That was true of the original 4%s but that is not the case with the NEXTs which many are reporting to last the typical 500ish miles of most other shoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are so, so ugly, but on the other hand they actually have a size 15. First world problems...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beauty in the eye of the beholder--I rather like them

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rcmioga wrote:
Well, $250 is a LOT of money for a running shoe for sure.

I get more than 200 miles on a pair--is that all you achieved or are you just repeating someone's actual experience?

There also is the fact that its a lot faster and much easier on your legs....might have something to do with the fact it sells out....

But it’s really not expensive compared to what else is out. Training shoes are starting to push 150 easily and you’ll maybe get a couple months out of those if you’re training a lot.

If you just use these for races you’ll get a whole season out of them. Compared to everything else, it’s not that much over one season.
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Those are so, so ugly, but on the other hand they actually have a size 15. First world problems...

You could also get the Next% Be True in a size 15 for $992... what a deal

https://stockx.com/...fly-next-betrue-2019

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Next% out today [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve talked to Nike customer service. None of th stores in the U.S. has them and no date on next shipment. This is madness.
Quote Reply

Prev Next