Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Ironman
Quote | Reply
heard through the grapevine in Brazil...for 2006, there will be an Ironman in China...not sure when and where, but it will be announced shortly.

Anyone up for a swim with 10,000,000 chinese in the Yang Tse Kiang?
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forget the swim, have you seen those f***ers riding a bike?

Truly terrifying...

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You gave me the biggest laugh of the day! Thanks!

Quote | Reply
The stuff at the aid stations should be interesting... I wouldn't mind doing it, I miss China... NOT!

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The stuff at the aid stations should be interesting...
Yeah, but you'll just be hungry again by the time you get to the next aid station.....kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that, was funny!
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep...freakin tough when they give you a bowl of rice, with chopsticks while you're running
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's nice to see that there are still prejudice f**ks out there.....i was beginning to wonder where they all went to....little did i know that they were posters on this forum!

you guys all know that there are a few asians who frequently post and lurk on this forum....why piss them (us) all off with your grade school comments?

---------------------------

How many miles did you ride today?
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [Red Dragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man...you don't notice when people joke??

my wife is half vietnamese by the way....if I want to make jokes about asians I can :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does joking about chinese food = prejudice? Life is too short to get your panties in a bunch over this silly stuff. I'm irish, if it were IM Ireland I would have made a crack about having whiskey instead of gatorade. Lighten up, being uptight is proven to be bad for your health....kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chill dude - the only thing these guys are guilty of is resorting to national stereotypes. No real harm in that - Francois gets told to have a shower all the time, and I'm sure gets called a frog quite often. I'm from South Africa and people assume I must be rascist.

Once, when I was in Florida, some guy asked where I was from I said South Africa and he replied, "You can't be, you're not black."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell...I'm chi-talian (chinese/italian) and I got a good laugh out of this thread. I've read enough posts from these guys to know it's all done out of love...mmmm..I have a sudden craving for some dumplings.... :-P

The Other TD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm chinese as well, well half chinese, Francois was only making a joke, I had a good laugh too. But when those F**kers make fun of my bike's ethnicity that's another story!
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate and empathize Red Dragon's defense. I'm sure Francois was only teasing.

Francois, as a Vietnamese guy, I must say your wife must be gorgeous! My older brother's fiance is 1/2 Korean and 1/2 Irish and I'm expecting his children to be beautiful.

--
Interview with Gordo Byrn
Interview with Peter Reid
Interview with Tim & Nicole Deboom
Interview with Clas Bjorling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn... I could really go for dim sum @ the aid stations - especially on the bike! I might just end up doing laps until they closed the bike course down...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm chinese (NOT FROM CHINA THOUGH)...and I found the jokes pretty funny.....hhehehee...

Although I get REALLY FULL from eating chinese food....I think you guys don't eat ENOUGH!! hehehe :)

Now....dim sum on the run course sounds pretty darn awesome to me...
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [Tri-sg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard from a woman at the IronMan China run course...

"was that a Gu or was that Cream of Sum Yung Gy?"

I know...bad one

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as they don't "whitey it up" too much, I'm down with dim sum on both the bike & run! I can totally see myself grabbing little cups of tea as I shuffle by @ 12min/mile pace...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
forget the dim sum if Paulo is watching... ;-)

How about Ironman Portugal, with fish at every aid station, Ironman Germany, only on beer and sauerkraut, Ironman France, wine and cigarettes, IM UK with beens on toast, IM Holland with rollmops, IM Japan with sushis (this one I may sign up for it), IM Russia with caviar and vodka (at least the $400 entry fees would be worth it)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

my wife is half vietnamese by the way....if I want to make jokes about asians I can :-)
That's a pretty ignorant statement...
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowtwitch would really become a sad place if we had to justify each joke...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]forget the dim sum if Paulo is watching... ;-)[/reply]

Bah - I can dream, can't I? Damn you and your Nazi brethren!

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dim sum would be great and a bowl of noodles at each turn around. I bet the two of us will end up pretty high in our respective AGs!

Hey and dont forget the fried squid and dried fish for sodium in case we get cramp squatting while eating our noddles!

Last edited by: SimpleS: Jun 2, 05 22:13
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fried squid...now we're talking :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You bastards !

Just when I got disciplined enough to cut out my last treat , you guys had to bring it up....DIM SUM !

Those steamed little prawn thingies and pastries ...mmmmmmm ! Think those would go down well on the bike....I think ?

My missus is Singaporean chinese and reads here occasionally ( I make her ! ). Provided outright racism and discrimination is not targeted at any group in particular we are OK with it ! Everybody has there favorite places and worst , likes and dislikes.

I lived in South Africa as well and have seen equally if not more racism in some " other " countries than I did in SA. Only difference is that the politicians in SA at the time , headed by Verwoerd , if I'm not incorrect , openly admitted and enforced it.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply

Prev Next