Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New IA Accessories
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any extra info on the new accessories for the Felt IA series? I am mostly concentrated on the Calpac 2.0

How soon we can snag them, etc.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the 'calpac' on the weekend at ITU LD. I prefer to call it 'lunchbox', because this is what the Commander calls it.

I'd post pics if I had them but my bike is still packed up. But, the capacity is much larger. The well goes slightly deeper, and the sides are a bit wider and taller. Also, the end closest to the seat tube where the flap used to be is no longer tapered. The top of the lunchbox has cuts in it so you can access different areas, not just the area through the flap as it used to be. The other advantage is that it's fixed as one unit with 2mm hex screws to the existing threads in the frame. So it's not going to come off straddling the top tube at traffic lights, or whenever this has been a problem.

I had 10 gels and my blip box in the lunchbox for the race, and perhaps could have fit 11-12 with more particular placement. It's a nice improvement.

http://www.josh-amberger.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [hey_burgs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Josh,

Any inside info on whether this might be available to purchase in Kona?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a hell of an improvement.
I'm surprised you're able to fit that many gels. I was just barely able to get 5 of mine into the existing design and it was bulging at that point with a risk of the flap popping open. I heard this one was 30% bigger. But a shape improvement might well capitalise on the value of that extra space.

Pictures would be appreciated when possible!
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check the last page of the Felt IA thread, I posted there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your insight! Hope to get one on my rig. Sounds like a good improvement!
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [PortRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PortRooster wrote:
Hey Josh,

Any inside info on whether this might be available to purchase in Kona?

I'd say that since someone posted a Felt response to their inquiry stating expected availability in "early October" it's pretty easy to surmise when (and where) that might be. :-)

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Alliedog [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Alliedog: Oct 20, 17 15:39
Re: New IA Accessories [Alliedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the Calpaac installed by The Felt guys in Kona and i love the new one. The ability to grab stuff was way easier.
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My CalPac 2.0 just arrived today, easy install. Is it maybe a bit bigger, yes, dramatically, no. I will say that the top to retrieve whatever you have in it seems to be a huge improvement... and for you weight geeks it is lighter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how to get hold of one in the UK? Is this something we have to approach Felt directly on i.e expect Calpac 3.0 announced sooner than it arrives...
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [Freddie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to go through a Felt dealer to get the updated calpac on discount. You can buy the accessories straight from Felt too.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone knows how can I get the new calpac and draftbox in Europe (Germany)? I cannot find them in the Felt website.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [carlosvl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pm me!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got this, finally! You said easy install. It looks to me like you either have to break the old one to get it off or remove/replace the cables? Did you have to do this?
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [amyktanner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely you just have to disconnect any cables passing through it, and pass them back through afterwards. That's not a huge undertaking.
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [amyktanner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The front is slotted now. If you're okay cutting the plastic 'loop' that holds the cables inside your old calpac, then you can install the new one without having to disconnect the cables.
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [PomDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you now if the new rubber top will just fit on the new version? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Digging up a really old thread to ask a question about my really old bike!

I'm updating an older Felt IA FRD, and so far so good. One piece I'm really hoping to find is a Calpac 2.0 (or even a replacement 1.0 cover if that ends up impossible). But Felt doesn't respond to emails anymore and they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Not a shock given their age..

But if anyone has a beat on one I'll overpay for it!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoot me a message. I may be able to 3d print you a cover for the cost of shipping as I see some designs floating online that may work. Let's talk to make sure I'm looking at the right designs for you.

"Heart Rate, Watts, I have no idea, I race, I don't pace." Andrew Starykowicz
Quote Reply
Re: New IA Accessories [Specialized22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool, will do! Thanks!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply