Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Elite Trainer
Quote | Reply
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...nt-3269230.....Elite may have done it again.....love my Direto (thankfully didn't have any belt issues..knock wood).....and when I saw all the teething issues with Wahoo earlier...no thanks!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: New Elite Trainer [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It feels like Elite is just joining the party late. Tacx has had the Flux available for several years and it now works great after some early teething issues. Wahoo seems to have gotten a handle on the problems with the Core so even if the Elite doesn't hit a snag its just a another equal option.

Going forward I think hardware companies need to think a lot more about software when it comes to differentiating their products. When it was announced The Sufferest had been acquired by Wahoo Dan indicated that if he were in charge of M&A he would suggest more big moves between software and hardware. I agree and think someone needs to partner with/acquire Training Peaks. So you not only buy a trainer but full access to do something will all the data you are getting off the turbo.

A really radical move would be for Garmin/Tacx to acquire both Training Peaks and Trainer Road and fundamentally re-work Garmin Connect as a full training ecosystem. (I see Garmin as the only player in the market with enough cash to make this happen but any of the major trainer companies would benefit from the same process). Then your trainer choice becomes integrated with the your wider training plans in a much smoother way. Head unit, watch, trainer, coaching plans, etc. all sync and adapt automatically. I would see this level of integration as a game change rather than trainers just giving you access to a training app.
Quote Reply
Re: New Elite Trainer [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually hate these acquisitions like Wahoo and Sufferfest. The more it happens the more likely it is they “wall off” their systems and we’re left with less choice.
Quote Reply