Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Electronics - 910XT days are numbered
Quote | Reply
My 910xt is on its death bed.
I have used this watch for years as my all around running watch, bike computer (loved the quick release mount thing) in racing and training.

I am in the market for something new ...or two sometgings new.

I am thinking of going for a dedicated bike computer and running watch this time around.
Despite having the open water swim feature I never found a whole lot of value in it and I never used the watch in the pool period.

So my debate is something along the lines of the Fenix 5. OR an edge 520/elemnt bolt and a stand alone running watch.

Not much of a tech savvy person so any pros and cons people have would be great
Quote Reply
Re: New Electronics - 910XT days are numbered [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Fenix 5 as it doubles as a cool dress watch too. On the bike I use a 520 but I am sure the Bolt works great too. And if I am in a rush I just use my watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first question you need to answer is how much you will want to use a head unit for navigation on the bike. Dedicated bike computers really come into their own when you use them like a car GPS. If you just want to see numbers I think a single multi-sport watch is fine. It should be noted you can follow routes on more advanced watches by the screen is pretty small so its not an ideal solution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Garmin 520 on the bike and the Garmin Vivoactive 3 for running. It does not have open water swimming (only lap pool) but makes a great everyday and running watch. It's not a geared towards triathletes but works for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used the 910 for years for all sports with great success.

In December, switched to a 520 and 935 and so far couldn't be happier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I normally use a Garmin 230 for an everyday and running watch and an 810 on my bike. I use a 920 and 810 while racing.
Quote Reply