Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Dimond Bike!
Quote | Reply
Total clickbait...Got ya!

https://www.dimondbikes.com/...mp;mc_eid=c99b2a57b1

It's a kids bike but has no pedals?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 3, 18 9:35
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pedals are added weight but hey also went with the paired spokes!

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 3.5 year old twin boys love their strider bikes. Not sure when I’ll introduce them to a bike with pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. they should ad a v stem :-) ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was about to post this 😂

Honestly I kind of dig it. Can you find a price for the pre-order? I’m on my phone and the website isn’t cooperating.

Are there more reasonable balance bikes for your young ones available? I’m sure. Is it cool? I think so (:
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$299.00

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here we have a lot of brans & models .. my most favorite .. https://vimeo.com/14568625

The biggest brand has (in your language) a strange name .. https://www.puky.net/en/red/laufraeder

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No place to set their feet seems rather strange. not sure I would spend $300 on one, but it's not like the more basic ones are exactly cheap.

I'm a huge fan of these strider bikes. Teaching a kid to ride a bike becomes a no brainer. Once they are tall enough to straddle one of these, they will figure it out on their own in no time. Once they figure out how to glide with their feet up, they are ready for a regular bike. I haven't messed with training wheels for the last few kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call me old and cranky but this and every other "balance" bike out there are about the dumbest waste of money I can think of in the bike industry. The only problem they solve is declining revenue of bike manufacturers. Save your money.

I learned and have taught at least 10 or so kids (my kids, nieces/nephews, neighbors, etc.) how to ride a bike in less than 30 minutes simply by removing the pedals of their first bike (instant balance bike) and rolling them down a gentle sloop (driveways work well). For all but one we had the pedals back on in less than 30 minutes and they were off and riding. The other kid needed a second lesson before he was good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
No place to set their feet seems rather strange. not sure I would spend $300 on one, but it's not like the more basic ones are exactly cheap.

I'm a huge fan of these strider bikes. Teaching a kid to ride a bike becomes a no brainer. Once they are tall enough to straddle one of these, they will figure it out on their own in no time. Once they figure out how to glide with their feet up, they are ready for a regular bike. I haven't messed with training wheels for the last few kids.

An old neighbour of mine just bypassed all that by getting a regular bike and running alongside his won getting him to balance.

I just think this balance bike thing is just to bleed more money out of parents.
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. in our country it's a toy the small children (from 2 ore 2 1/2 years) love .. they love to be fast ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Call me old and cranky but this and every other "balance" bike out there are about the dumbest waste of money I can think of in the bike industry. The only problem they solve is declining revenue of bike manufacturers. Save your money.

I learned and have taught at least 10 or so kids (my kids, nieces/nephews, neighbors, etc.) how to ride a bike in less than 30 minutes simply by removing the pedals of their first bike (instant balance bike) and rolling them down a gentle sloop (driveways work well). For all but one we had the pedals back on in less than 30 minutes and they were off and riding. The other kid needed a second lesson before he was good to go.

Old and cranky indeed...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What the hell

you're supposed to buy kids bikes from Garage Sales for like 10 Bucks - thats all w'eve done so far with my 6 and 3 year old
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How old were the kids you were normally teaching?
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. you are right .. but garage sellers don't build them ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If only there were enough used kids bikes for sale around here. Much less balance bikes for sale. Not everyone lives in a large metro area with lots of garage sales.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No integrated juice box storage? Pssshhh, what a waste.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol, looks like a great bike to me!
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [jdmyers88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL they should be spending time developing a new marquise! The market will get thougher on them.
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowboy7 wrote:
Traket92x wrote:

An old neighbour of mine just bypassed all that by getting a regular bike and running alongside his won getting him to balance.

I just think this balance bike thing is just to bleed more money out of parents.

I tried the "running alongside" method. Huge pain (literally, in the lower back). Logella is right...just remove the pedals from a regular bike and put the seat down so that the kid can at least dab a toe on to the ground. Let them practice down a gentle slope and they get it in no time. Much, much faster than the running alongside method (in my n=2 sample size).

Quote | Reply
My guess is Jude Thomas (Jesse's son) will be the first sponsored rider of this model.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seat's too high
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Bike! [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
How old were the kids you were normally teaching?

Youngest was about 3 1/2 with most of them being in the 4-5 range. Oldest was right around 7.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
What the hell

you're supposed to buy kids bikes from Garage Sales for like 10 Bucks - thats all w'eve done so far with my 6 and 3 year old

Amen!

Plus, if you can't find one at a garage sale you can get a 12 inch bike at Walmart for less than $50.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Balance bikes are really good for starting with 1 year olds. So they can be on a pedal bike by 2.
Just taking the pedals off a normal bike means it's too heavy for little ones.
Quote Reply

Prev Next