Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route.
Quote | Reply
Looks like Cube have gone for disc brakes on their new TT for the Tour. Guess from now on most new tri and TT bikes will be disc.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/cube-aerium-tt-c68-bike-launched-383789
Last edited by: boing: Jun 21, 18 14:40
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boing wrote:
Looks like Cube have gone for disc brakes on their new TT for the Tour. Guess from now on most new tri and TT bikes will be disc.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/...bike-launched-383789

Fixed it for you.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BTW, I'm calling BS on this:

Quote:
It says that other constraints in the UCI rule set for professional races meant that it couldn’t implement rim brakes effectively.
Yeah...riiiggghhht....

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Their tri version of bike hides the Maguras beautifully.

Come to think of it, with the 3:1 rule gone, why isn’t the Raelert/Böcherer Cube UCI legal?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
why isn’t the Raelert/Böcherer Cube UCI legal?

Not gonna wade into the disc vs rim debate here, but, per the bikerumor article on the new bike, several elements of the C:68 Aerium triathlon bike are still outside the UCI guidelines, including the angle of the seat stays and the "fairing" between the seat tube and down tube above the bottom bracket. Fork blade shape is clearly different, too.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jun 21, 18 16:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure I've seen that frame before...Sooooo many times...nice, neat, but dull now.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are still limits on the tube profile so I am guessing that it is still not UCI legal.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never seen a bike with a split head tube like that before. But the question remain if its just a gimmick to make the bike look a bit different or if the split offers a meaningful benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
I have never seen a bike with a split head tube like that before. But the question remain if its just a gimmick to make the bike look a bit different or if the split offers a meaningful benefit.

The assertion that it behaves as a single, longer airfoil is certainly aerodynamically plausible.

Whether it truly provides any significant benefits at high yaw would require testing.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jun 22, 18 4:51
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They worked on the origional Tri frame that uses the split head tube with Swiss side on the aero side so hopefully it is legitimate aero wise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
scott8888 wrote:

The assertion that it behaves as a single, longer airfoil is certainly aerodynamically plausible.

Whether it truly provides any significant benefits at high yaw would require testing.

I don't think they claim it's any more aerodynamic at high yaw, just more stable than were the entire space filled. That also seems entirely plausible, although it's hard to imagine the magnitude of the difference is all that great.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jun 22, 18 8:29
Quote Reply
Re: New Cube TT bikes goes down the disc brake route. [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks good. If you zoom in really closely, you can see the front brake hose hidden in front of the steerer tube where the head tube meets the fork.

Also looks like Profile Design Aeria Ultimate extension hardware, so the fit should be super adjustable with tilt included.

Wonder if they’ll make a Tri version of this disc brake bike, with the integrated bento and nose cone bottle seen on the rim brake model?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply