Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Crr roller data [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
I wouldn't call it dumbed down. It has a lower TPI casing, and a double PolyX breaker rather than Vectran. Still has Black Chili tread though, so it is probably a durable tire that isn't too slow.

The only tires I'd be inspired to buy and test would be promising race tires... or maybe everyday tires with a potential of being fast and cheap. If I want something a bit slower but cheaper and smooth riding, the Rubino Pros are hard to beat. PBK had those for $22 recently.

I've been racing crits on a set of GPs for half a season and have really been impressed by them. But all prices being equal you would go for the Rubino?
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friends don't let friends race with Rubinos. GP 4000s are the best clincher tires I've found for bike racing (not triathlons or tt's). Fairly durable and grip well. Also had good luck with Pro 3's if I only used them for racing and nothing else. The Pro 3's were always really good in wet weather.
Last edited by: nightfend: Mar 21, 13 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah... I'd get the GP if the price was the same. Haven't seen the GPs very cheap though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Nah... I'd get the GP if the price was the same. Haven't seen the GPs very cheap though.

Pretty good deal going over at Probikekit right now on the GP4000s: http://www.probikekit.com/...ncher-road-tyre.html

-Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen the non-4000 for under thirty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen Crr data for the Veloflex Extreme tubular?

I am trying to decide which tires to put on a new set of TT wheels; HED Stinger disc and HED Stinger 9 front. Typically I would go with the Veloflex Carbon (23mm), but I wondering if besides a slight reduction in weight if the Extreme (22mm) would also offer a Crr benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [GONE4ARIDE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please refer to AFM Rev 9 for tubular data.

generally, properly glued is faster. heavier means nothing.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I wasn't implying that the lighter Extreme would have a different Crr based on its weight. Compared to the Carbon, it has a higher thread count, a different tread pattern and it's a 22 vs. 23. These are the attributes that make me question how it's Crr compares.

ericM35-39 wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no need to question... AFM probably has the data.

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Thanks. I wasn't implying that the lighter Extreme would have a different Crr based on its weight. Compared to the Carbon, it has a higher thread count, a different tread pattern and it's a 22 vs. 23. These are the attributes that make me question how it's Crr compares.

ericM35-39 wrote:

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could someone please point me in the direction of AFM rev 9? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try this

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Could someone please point me in the direction of AFM rev 9? Thank you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this, it's incredibly useful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I ordered a pair of Vittoria Corsa SL's, and what I received are Open Corsa EVO Tech's (model #23-622). Anyone have any info on these...I don't even see them listed on the Vittoria site?

Thanks.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought those were their "wet-grip" compound tires? And, if I'm remembering correctly, slower than the CX's, much less the SL's
:(

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
What jumps out to me is for a HIM or IM why someone would choose anything other than the Attack. It has almost the best Crr, the thickest thread, a puncture belt, and is also fairly aero.

I always race with the Corsa Evo tires and they cut like mad and have poor aero properties. Their Crr is almost a wash to the Attack, but they can flat much easier.

I rode supersonics. No concern of flats... Road debris gets out of my way when I'm blazing down the road.

:)

In all seriousness, I'm a conti fan. I rode supersonics, Gp 4000, and attack/ force. They are all great. Supersonics seemed noticeably faster. They "feel" fast on acceleration. Maybe a placebo, but anything that gives a mental advantage- I will take it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if you plan to test the Michelin Pro4 Comp?

Is it a real new tire? If yes, could be interesting to compare...

Thanks to share with us all this interesting data!

Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered some stuff from Wiggle, and it looks like they have the Pro4 Comp LTD in stock for $50... but I didn't order it. It's only size 23 which is a little big on my rims.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any updates to this?

Wondering about Conti Force 24mm

Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tested 2 of them... no surprises. A hair better than Attacks on average.

But they are fat so I'd run Attacks front and rear. Turn them backwards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, for bike racing yeah but I'm thinking about running the Force 24mm on my Super-9 disc. It hides a 25mm GP4000s pretty well

Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the trailing edge isn't hidden...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Pretty sure the trailing edge isn't hidden...
agreed. I still like rolling the Supersonics though. I have had great success, although did just flat at Texas 1.5 miles in. I suspect I was lucky enough to pick up a safety pin coming out of transition. With that being said I tried to wear out a Supersonic all spring in Tucson, 2000 (1000 front + 1000 rear) ride miles no flats.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got 1k miles out of a SS on the rear? Lots more than I ever have...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
You got 1k miles out of a SS on the rear? Lots more than I ever have...

Yeah it was weird, I kept expecting them to be done in March but I kept using them and using them. It got to May and I was sure after 115 mile ride and 105 mile ride they were going to be done but nope. Lots of power, and lots of time going up hills. Very minimal breaking and smooth blacktop. I am personally very shocked about this set. All I can think of is that they wear out pretty quickly with hard braking and rougher surfaces. These weighed in the range of 170+ grams originally.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: New Crr roller data [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They might be putting more rubber on them then. Think the heaviest 23 I have is ~155g and the 20s are 140g or less.
Quote Reply

Prev Next