Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Cervelo S5
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...S5_is_here_4552.html

So what size tires does it fit and is that fork the same as the 2014 S3?

Nothing to complain about with that paint job either!

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Aug 27, 14 5:44
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK now that is the bike that I want.

Aero and light - check
Aero handlebars - check
Killer black paint scheme - check
HED wheels - check
option for a more forward post - check

EDIT: it needs a killer black carbon BERK saddle and black bar tape.

Put on some aero brakes and away we go.
Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 27, 14 5:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahhhh. shit.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it needs a killer black carbon BERK saddle and black bar tape.

I like the white saddle and bar tape.

Love the black with the white logos.

I cycled with Phil White a few weeks ago and Phil was riding a very stealth looking black-on-black S5 that was a one-off they made.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Cervelo claims a 4.4 watts savings from the bars alone, and 21.3 watts on the complete bike compared to the previous S5VWD."

21.3 watts over the previous S5? Is that even possible? I assume that most of that is coming from the wheels, going from Mavic Cosmics (or whatever they came with) to the He'd wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FLECK you have to have your secret spy came going. If you have seen my bikes you will know I am more black than white but a little white is alright. I hate white bar tape however.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta be the wheels....and at yaw, haha.

burninglegs wrote:
"Cervelo claims a 4.4 watts savings from the bars alone, and 21.3 watts on the complete bike compared to the previous S5VWD."

21.3 watts over the previous S5? Is that even possible? I assume that most of that is coming from the wheels, going from Mavic Cosmics (or whatever they came with) to the He'd wheels?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will take 21.3 on a complete bike set up the way they have it built and will raise them some aero brakes and some other aero goodies I would do.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the aero handlebars with the design helping to shield the front of the stem. I was wondering before why someone didn't design something like this (3T, Zipp, Enve). Guess Cervelo got on it.

I am also curious if Cervelo will release some wind tunnel data. Would be interesting to see how fast they tested the Felt AR (if they tested it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any weight loss?

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the Cervelo Forum:

Quote:
And yes, plenty of clearance for 25c tires.
David Byer, Cervélo

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tested Dura Ace brakes in the tunnel? I'd guess that they did, and would have probably put a tri-rig on it had they determined that it was that much better.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [Ftfrst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ftfrst wrote:
Have you tested Dura Ace brakes in the tunnel? I'd guess that they did, and would have probably put a tri-rig on it had they determined that it was that much better.

I'm not sure they would spec it with Tri-Rig. In honesty, it is still a business so they have to penny pinch in places. Not to mention potential liability issues. Better to use a product from a large company like Shimano than source "boutique" parts from a business being run out of a home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kind of get that, but this is their flagship model so I doubt pinching pennies is a problem on this bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [Ftfrst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's still a road bike, which means a highly functioning brake is of foremost concern. I have the tririg omega and love it for my TT bike, but still prefer a traditional brake for feel and stopping power on the roadie.
Ftfrst wrote:

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't agree more, I love my ultegra 6800 brakes and certainly wouldn't trade em out to save a watt or two on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig up front and the EE on the rear. This set up is amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EE? I guess I'm behind...
BMANX wrote:
TriRig up front and the EE on the rear. This set up is amazing.

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the Seatpost be reversible like the old Soloist? Wondering if it'll be more "forward" than the front-position on the current S5 VWD/Team? Curious to see how "stiff" this bike will be as well. The current S5 is plenty fast/aero, but pretty damn stiff! Awesome paint scheme. I might upgrade just for that!
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it is not reversible, and neither was the old soloist. The head of the post was reversible on the soloist, this has no head.

tri@thlete wrote:
Will the Seatpost be reversible like the old Soloist? Wondering if it'll be more "forward" than the front-position on the current S5 VWD/Team? Curious to see how "stiff" this bike will be as well. The current S5 is plenty fast/aero, but pretty damn stiff! Awesome paint scheme. I might upgrade just for that!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo S5 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about the S5 seatpost w/ two positions? Will that fit in it? Or will they offer one?
jackmott wrote:
No it is not reversible, and neither was the old soloist. The head of the post was reversible on the soloist, this has no head.

tri@thlete wrote:

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought that they had noe but bumped the STA up by about 1.5 degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shockily resembles what I am trying to do with my S5 vwd :) Except mine has Tri rig brakes and stem. Yay watts. Paint is sick though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious how the handlebar compares to the vuka Sprint. I have and love the bar, but this one looks much deeper. Curious how it feels on the tops. As much as I like the Sprint, I wish it had a grippy matte finish instead of gloss.
Quote Reply

Prev Next