Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Canyon on their website [joelcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well here we are in March and still fuck all on Canyon's wesite other than "available to order in March"
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dah5609 wrote:
Well here we are in March and still fuck all on Canyon's wesite other than "available to order in March"

I got a message from Canyon on Facebook today and they sayd "Keep a very good eye on our website today, that's all we can say for now"
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dah5609 wrote:
Well here we are in March and still fuck all on Canyon's wesite other than "available to order in March"

They didn't specify the year tho... here you go: "available to order in March 2018".
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pascal_ch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice one !!!
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike is on the site and ready to order. Shipping says start of May.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ilanias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, there it is. A bit surprised by the pricing (starting at 5500E compared to Aeroad at 3300 or 4000 with Di2). I think I'll stick with my old P2c for now....
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markko wrote:
Yep, there it is. A bit surprised by the pricing (starting at 5500E compared to Aeroad at 3300 or 4000 with Di2). I think I'll stick with my old P2c for now....

Not very surprised. Imagine they will still sell briskly.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ilanias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder what happened to the integrated seatpost hydration storage?

Also, the designer who decided that green was going to be the only non b&w colour option needs their head examining
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
markko wrote:
Yep, there it is. A bit surprised by the pricing (starting at 5500E compared to Aeroad at 3300 or 4000 with Di2). I think I'll stick with my old P2c for now....


Not very surprised. Imagine they will still sell briskly.

Sure, I guess I am just cheap and was secretly hoping they would make an offer I could not have refused. This one I believe I can.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markko wrote:

Sure, I guess I am just cheap and was secretly hoping they would make an offer I could not have refused. This one I believe I can.

3.5k for the base model is pretty reasonable IMO
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The previous year model was 4199E or 4299E, I can't remember exactly. Now we have it at 5499E. Can someone explain from where the cost difference comes from?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Deathwish86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deathwish86 wrote:
The previous year model was 4199E or 4299E, I can't remember exactly. Now we have it at 5499E. Can someone explain from where the cost difference comes from?

Winning Kona?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ilanias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just deciding which is best value. SLX8.0 at GBP3600 and then get some new Flo wheels for $1000 seems to work out better value than going for the SLX 9.0 Pro at GBP4900 which is the cheapest model with deepest rims. OK, the 9.0 Pro has DA as opposed to Ultegra on the 8.0 but other than that (and wheels) is exactly the same spec.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
Deathwish86 wrote:
The previous year model was 4199E or 4299E, I can't remember exactly. Now we have it at 5499E. Can someone explain from where the cost difference comes from?


Winning Kona?

This raises an interesting question.
By how much, in monetary terms, does a Kona win increase the perceived value and of a bike?
Obviously for some potential customers it will be zero and for others massive, but as an average? $100? more?

I'm confident that there would have been an increase in price even if Frodo had flopped in October, but would the price have been the same if he hadn't won?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Dan Funk wrote:
Deathwish86 wrote:
The previous year model was 4199E or 4299E, I can't remember exactly. Now we have it at 5499E. Can someone explain from where the cost difference comes from?


Winning Kona?


This raises an interesting question.
By how much, in monetary terms, does a Kona win increase the perceived value and of a bike?
Obviously for some potential customers it will be zero and for others massive, but as an average? $100? more?

I'm confident that there would have been an increase in price even if Frodo had flopped in October, but would the price have been the same if he hadn't won?

I'm pretty sure there was a decent price increase from the Trek Equinox to the Speed Concept (previous high end tri bike to new high end tri bike). I think the top of the line SC was over $2,000 more than the top of the line Equinox TTX. Probably the same from the Transition to the Shiv in Specialized's lineup. The new Speedmax is a very different bike from its predecessor. They just kept the name as opposed to some other companies.

So a price jump was inevitable regardless of what Frodo did in Kona.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | TriRig | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi GMAN,

Yeah, I feel that you're pointing out a similar thing to what I did re: new models being more expensive after a Kona win on the old model.

I'm talking about more of a "Sliding Doors" type scenario.
What would the Speed Concept/Shiv/Speedmax SLX been initially priced at if they hadn't been buoyed by the Kona win of the previous model? How much less?
I
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the fit chart shows stack and reach numbers flipped. (J & K) Anybody know which is correct?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Hi GMAN,

Yeah, I feel that you're pointing out a similar thing to what I did re: new models being more expensive after a Kona win on the old model.

I'm talking about more of a "Sliding Doors" type scenario.
What would the Speed Concept/Shiv/Speedmax SLX been initially priced at if they hadn't been buoyed by the Kona win of the previous model? How much less?
I

Probably too many factors to pinpoint the value on Kona win. Of course, one would be fooling him/herself to discount the win completely. It's been proven that a Kona win can make a bike (re: Stadler/Kuota).

Of course, lots of different ways to strategize on pricing. Consider simply a Cost Plus. I'm sure like any other company pricing a product they have to look at COGS, Plus development costs, plus what competition/market is doing, plus how pricing relates to their current position (and maybe position they want to move to), plus the very intangible "brand" value. Canyon's brand certainly has been on an upswing (before Frodo's win...but that had to have helped majorly). Throw in scarcity and demand... you have some pricing power.

Are these prices too big a jump? Not enough? The market will surely decide.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by TriZen [ In reply to ]
Re: New Canyon on their website [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Looks like the fit chart shows stack and reach numbers flipped. (J & K) Anybody know which is correct?

Looks right to me currently. The stack numbers definitely go lower than any other offering I can think of, which is a good thing in my book. A pretty wide range of adjustment, although looks to me like a bike that won't fit either very large or very small riders.

Interesting spec, they include C02, a spare tube, & a torque wrench. The crank spec is old skool, non-compact and relatively long crank lengths, such as 175 in medium. Wish they included some basebar stack and reach information, not sure how you decide which stem or basebar drop to buy.

Also would love to see some independent wind tunnel testing, although having seen Frodo's power numbers for Kona he's got very good power/speed numbers.

All in all a very interesting offering. Not sure when they'll be selling these in the US...
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"J" says armpad stack, but J shows armpad reach on the diagram. And the exact opposite for K. And with those flipped, you can't tell which is correct.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
"J" says armpad stack, but J shows armpad reach on the diagram. And the exact opposite for K. And with those flipped, you can't tell which is correct.

The diagram is almost certainly wrong and the table numbers are right. The stack ranges are larger than the reach ranges, which is invariably the case.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Armpad max center of pad 558 is just what I'm looking for! Now what's up with this no USA thing? Anybody know when they'll get that cleared up?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do the prices change enormously depending on the country you choose? if the prices are displayed in dollars, it is much cheaper than the prices displayed in euros, or pounds. Why??
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [triguy119] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New rule - If you aren't selling in US, then you can't use our dollars! /rant

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next