Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [cbre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can tell you're from Pa by all the water on the ground, it hasn't stopped raining here for 6 months. I'm in Philly.....

17 lbs with those changes is good, I'm hooping my 60cm comes in at 18 with pedals. I ordered the same model.
I'm going to wrap the seat tube green in glossy black vinyl, did a quick photoshop of it and it looks a lot better that way.
That is............if I ever get the bike
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an update from Cdn distributor on Friday, they are saying mid-Feb 2019 for delivery. According to him I was one of the first to put cash down so it's not about the timing of the order its simply the fact that Dorel screws Canadian distributors by filling the Cdn orders last.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [RONDAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh I’m in the US. It’s supposed to come this week but I’m not holding my breath. If they tell me February I might cancel. The new Cervelo is tempting.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reactions wrote:
Cool but but those colors - ugh

Haha. I was thinking, "Those colors are perfect"
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the new tariffs have hit the Cannondale website. All the bikes are up several hundred dollars
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
P.S. Thank you for paying my salary, LOL!

Boom.

Thanks for the design, Damon. Just picked up my 60 cm Systemsix. MY 17th Cannondale!

Off to ride now.

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Oct 2, 18 17:10
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you happen tonweoght it? Curious as that’s my size ....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
Did you happen tonweoght it? Curious as that’s my size ....
Hmm.. I took my old Cannondale Super Six with Zipp 404’s and it was 16.4 lbs, and the new SystemSix was 18.2 lbs with some crappy flat pedals and the OEM saddle. I switched to a carbon Arionne Saddle and put by DA pedals on, but forgot to weigh it again. I’d say something just over 18 lbs. I’ll have to eat less cookies, I can easily lose that 1.6 lbs.

Quote | Reply
So, we had our regular sprint Tri evening.. (last of the year)... So, I skipped the swim and run and just went for a ride on the new SystemSix until it got dark. Just 15 miles.

First impression... WOW. It just rolls so smooth. It was a windy night and it took no effort downwind to fly along. Back into the headwind, I wasn't buffeted around like the Tri bike, despite the pretty deep wheels. Climbing was wonderful, solid on the descent. It just feels 'tight'/responsive. Hard to explain why it feels so good, but it does. (Maybe it just doesn't creak like my old bike.)

Quote | Reply
Ouch. I got the ultegra di2 model so I’ll be adding another 1/2 lb. And I really can’t afford to lose any more weight off my scrawny ass :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
Just picked up my 60 cm Systemsix. MY 17th Cannondale!

Off to ride now.

Awesome looking bike! I like the look of your choice of plain clear bottles. Thanks also for your first ride report. Seems you're feeling what we tried to put into it!

Cheers,
Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First DA HI-Mod I’ve seen in the wild! Good to know they exist after all. I’m 3 months into a 7 month wait from order date to delivery - I keep seeing more SystemSixes - albeit not DA Hi-Mods - popping up as if to taunt me. May have to start a support group with Ridenfish.

First world problems.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
TriSliceRS wrote:
Just picked up my 60 cm Systemsix. MY 17th Cannondale!

Off to ride now.

Awesome looking bike! I like the look of your choice of plain clear bottles. Thanks also for your first ride report. Seems you're feeling what we tried to put into it!

Cheers,
Damon

Damon,
You gotta do something about these goons at Power2max. I paid my $564 to 'turn on my power', and 2 weeks later I still can't get it figured out. Their support email line sucks. I have a 'receipt/invoice' but no instructions on how their website or app work. Very upsetting.

Mark

Quote | Reply
When you have a chance, can you take a photo of the bike using the flash on your camera? I'm curious to see how reflective it is.

Really I'm just trying to keep myself occupied while I wait for mine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a bit confused about the correct order of events... but, in absence of any other instructions, I offer my recollection and perhaps suggestion of the correct process to turn on your power meter.
  1. Create your account on http://www.power2max.com
  2. On the NGECO Upgrade tab... select "NGECO Upgrade" button at bottom
  3. Enter Serial number (sticker on your bike, don't lose it!)
  4. Go through purchase process (since the company is in Germany, my credit card declined a half dozen times, even after calling the CC company... I eventually resorted to PayPal.)
  5. Download the Power2max for your iPhone (or Android, I guess)
  6. Created your account on the app
  7. Add your power meter using the serial number
  8. (The serial number will 'link' the two accounts together)
  9. Wait for email/receipt from Power2max to confirm they have authorized your upgrade.
  10. On the app first screen, press to scan for your PM.
  11. Select PM, and then 'upgrades'.
  12. Make sure Power checkbox is checked.
  13. I got a 'no transmission key' first time... after some back and forth, it mysteriously resolved. Perhaps due to email and account sync.
  14. I also had to upgrade the firmware on the PM, but the PM battery was dead (or... at 35%, even though it was new) be sure to have a extra 2450 battery handy.
  15. If Power checkbox is checked, you should be good....
  16. Turn on Garmin, try to find PM
  17. If you can't... remove battery for 30 secs and try again. Mine worked after all the above.
  18. good luck.
I am waiting for better/official published instructions.

Quote | Reply
I have 4 rides on this bike so far. I got the System Six Ultegra DI2 version. It's a 60 cm and I changed the stem to a 120 and the saddle out to a Fabric carbon rail version. With pedals, Bontrager cages and the garmin mount it comes in at 18.6 lbs. About where I expected for it's size.

It is SUPER stiff, I mean no frame flex at all. I currently own an older Ridley Noah and a last gen Synapse HiMod, this bike is way more solid in the front end and the bottom bracket. I used to think the Ridley was stiff but this is a couple levels better. The thru axles probably have a bit to do with how it feels. However, with the super wide wheels I'm running the GP4000 at 80/85 psi so you don't feel the chip and seal at all.

I have yet to hit the fork stop when steering or doing a track stand. I was a little worried about this but it's a non issue.

The wheels are awesome. The bead locks in to them hard, I would not hesitate to use them tubeless, and will go that route when the GP4000 that are on the bike wear out. I was hesitant to try tubeless on the road because I have Stan's rims on my Synapse. I had a front blow out at 25 mph and the bead unlocked and I was on rim quick, thankfully I stayed up but it definitely made me not want to try tubeless. There is no way the bead will unseat on these rims. They also make a cool humming noise as a bonus :D

I ride with a couple guys, one is shorter and heavier than me and on a new Madone now. The other is a little taller and 15 lbs heavier. They both would coast away from me on downhills when I was on my Synapse. Not now, this bike is noticeably faster and corners better than anything I have owned. I can't wait til next spring when I don't have 4 layers of clothes on to see just how fast it is by comparing Strava segments.

The only gripe I have is about the post. There is just too much set back, at least for me. I have the seat pinned forward and I need another half an inch. I did hear there is a straight up version coming in the next couple months but it sucks having to buy a whole new post to get the fit right. Cannondale could have made a replaceable head like a lot of companies do. Minor nit pick for an otherwise awesome bike.

I am super happy with this thing. Great job to Cannondale and their team with this bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
The only gripe I have is about the post. There is just too much set back, at least for me. I have the seat pinned forward and I need another half an inch. I did hear there is a straight up version coming in the next couple months but it sucks having to buy a whole new post to get the fit right. Cannondale could have made a replaceable head like a lot of companies do. Minor nit pick for an otherwise awesome bike.

I got in several rides on the same bike as you - a demo Ultegra Hi-Mod Di2 - and my review would be the same as yours. Also agree on the seatpost.

I run the Pro Stealth saddle 87mm behind the BB. On my 56cm EVO with a 20-25mm setback post, the seatpost clamps the saddle rails almost square in the middle of the rails.

To get the same fore-aft position on the 56cm SuperSix, I had to mount the saddle almost as far forward as possible. If I were to guess, I would say probably 20-25mm farther forward that on my EVO. So for me at least, it seems like the SuperSix seatpost has an effective setback of ~40-50mm. Which is a lot.

But I'm with you, overall the bike was great. Really looking forward to getting mine.

Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link to SystemSix Facebook group if you're into that sort of thing

Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a question regarding Cannondale Systemsix frame size choice...

I´m 1m73 and saddle height at 72cm from BB. I´m not sure what Systemsix frame size fits me better. I´m between 51 and 54.

It looks like both of them are fine in terms of reach and stack for my position but the size 51 has a 71,2º head angle vs a common 73º for the rest of the sizes. Also fork rake is different (5,5cm for size 51 vs 4,5 for the rest of the sizes).

How that difference in HTA and fork rake can affect my riding ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon, amazing bike. Great job!

I can't see anything in the white paper about the 'unicorn horn' computer/light mount. It's angled up a lot compared to other solutions and aftermarket providers like "racedirect" and others are selling a more standard solution that screws in underneath the bars. Do you have any drag numbers or logic behind this unusual design touch? Thanks very much!
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [moulli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi moulli,

Thanks, I agree, the engineering team did a great job on this fast bike!

Where I used to work we did wind tunnel testing of a computer in different positions and found this position (just above the level of the bar & stem) had lowest drag, with a mannequin rider on the bike. So we put it exactly there.

Thanks,
Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi thought Trek was overhauling the Emonda this year (Domane was last year)? Unless you have an insider scoop? :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated. My new Systemsix is arriving Friday...
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello - first post here, I hope it's okay to bring up this old thread but I figured this was an appropriate one.

I'm on the verge of buying a SystemSix and have done a lot of research; the bike looks incredible. I'm wondering how this bike would fair to dual purpose as a TT frame, switching out the cockpit (and wheels) on race day.

My TT saddle position is basically identical to my road bike saddle position with a lot of setback and me requiring a lot of arm pad stack. Fit wise I would imagine this could be better for me than a regular TT frame. My question is will this frame be significantly slower than a full fledged TT frame, take the SuperSlice as an example? Or will it likely just be two or three watt loss? My target races are likely to sustain speeds of around ~29-32mph.

For reference I am pretty serious about time trialing, to remain semi anonymous I got top ten at TT nationals and top ten at Grand Fondo Worlds TT, with a target of winning both in the future.

Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next