Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
damon_rinard wrote:
Did you recognize anyone on a SystemSix Saturday? Get a chance to look at one up close?

My order has been in for a while despite the fact that I have never seen one in person. I will say though, every single person I know who has seen one in person tells me it looks badass.
I saw them in close-up at the Tour of California and indeed they look totally badass. It was a top contender for me to get a new bike out of the list of the SystemSix / Felt AR / Canyon Aeroad. The systemsix had the worst fit for me vs the perfectly fitting Aeroad hence I got the Canyon instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
ridenfish39 wrote:
I’m hoping mine is on the way because I ordered it really early.

Which model did you order? If the Carbon Dura-Ace (pictured above), I would imagine there is a good chance, as my LBS got two in last week and all photos I have seen posted of the bike in the wild have been this model. Pretty sure this is the one that Phil Gaimon has as well (he does our local weekend group rides pretty regularly).

If the Hi-ModDura-Ace Di2 aka "BBQ," then it could be a while. Cannondale has an issue they are sorting out on these bikes. Latest quote on mine is October 27.
The shop owner got his the other day. Looks awesome. And, it had GP4000 25s on it as well. That makes me happy as I won't ride Vittoria junk anyway and would have swapped them out for the Contis.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one? The neon yellow DA mechanical?

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
Which one? The neon yellow DA mechanical?
Hi mod da di2 I’m a 58. He owns the shop so I’m sure he has a little bit of pull. It’s a great looking bike in person. I picked it up, had pedals on it but the post and saddle were out. It felt pretty light to me, but then again my Ridley Noah weighs 18.5 lbs :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone actually get one of these things? The only one I've seen is the shop owner's bike. If it keeps getting delayed I'm going to cancel and get a Madone. Trek is actually making them lol. A friend of mine had his frameset in a couple days after he ordered it (He's doing an Etap build)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been told that they're already sold out... as in they've already sold all of the bikes that they made.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct, first batch is gone. Second batch being made. Check with your Cannondale dealer for estimated time of arrival.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine really early...

Any minor changes with the second batch???
Last edited by: ridenfish39: Sep 20, 18 9:50
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon, I may have asked this earlier but do you guys have any data on the bike with a bottle on vs off the downtube? In other words, how much, if any, of an aero penalty does running a bottle on the downtube impose? I'd imagine it would be less on a bike like the SystemSix than on the new Super Slice.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else thinking of putting clip-on aerobars on this bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi ridenfish39,

No change, just more SystemSixes with the same Faster Everywhere speed. :-)

Cheers,
Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Damon, I may have asked this earlier but do you guys have any data on the bike with a bottle on vs off the downtube? In other words, how much, if any, of an aero penalty does running a bottle on the downtube impose? I'd imagine it would be less on a bike like the SystemSix than on the new Super Slice.

Hi GreenPlease,

No hard data, because we only tested the SystemSix with bottles, an intentional choice for this project. Instead of doubling our test runs, we spent that time answering other important questions in the tunnel. :-)

However, as an estimate, based on my past experience including years and years of testing bikes always with and without, adding a bottle on either seat or down tube of "any" bike typically adds between 3 and 5 Watts (at 40 km/h). Based on the SystemSix's down tube dimensions I would guess closer to 3 Watts, which sounds like it's in line with your guess as well.

Cheers,
Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
I ordered mine really early...

Did you hear anything more on your bike? I ordered mine on July 6, 4 days after the bike was unveiled. At that time, the system said early September 2018 for delivery. Then that got moved to January 2019. Then moved to late October 2019. Now showing February 2019.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. I ordered mine a little bit earlier. My recent update says it will be shipped the 29th of September. But I'm not holding my breath, I think Cannondale only made a handful of these bikes.
I can get a good deal on a Madone too, but they all went up a few hundred bucks with the new tariffs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i cant get a straight answer out of my dealer so its frustrating.
hopefully things arrive ahead of a december camp.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [RONDAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the first one from my dealer, 54cm Ultegra Di2 model, swapped to Etap, swapped tires too 25mm Vittoria Corsa Speed, swapped to 39/53 spidering and added stages PM. Bike sits at 17.03 with Look Keo Ti's and one bottle cage, Super fast bike, maybe 25 or so KOM's on it and 1 road race win(solo for last 23 miles). Had it Pro-fit by my fitter Todd Shoeni who has fit all my bikes, all in all very happy with it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [cbre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taking a bike picture with the chain in the small ring, have you no shame?!?!?

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome but have to ask; with all of those stem spacers could you have fit better on a larger frame?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool but but those colors - ugh
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale SystemSix [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im 5'9 so the frame fits great, I am a little worried lowering the front much more will make climbing even worse, yeah the colors are not my taste but I didn't want to spend the extra on the DA model only to till convert to Etap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$10,000 bike, check.
Subaru, check.
Cannondale Licence Plate frame, check.

You're Slowtwitch approved. Seats too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cbre wrote:
I got the first one from my dealer, 54cm Ultegra Di2 model, swapped to Etap, swapped tires too 25mm Vittoria Corsa Speed, swapped to 39/53 spidering and added stages PM. Bike sits at 17.03 with Look Keo Ti's and one bottle cage, Super fast bike, maybe 25 or so KOM's on it and 1 road race win(solo for last 23 miles). Had it Pro-fit by my fitter Todd Shoeni who has fit all my bikes, all in all very happy with it.

if thats what 5'9" look like on a 54 im glad i ordered a 56cm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
75cm top of saddle to center of BB, I have long legs, 32 inseam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cbre wrote:
75cm top of saddle to center of BB, I have long legs, 32 inseam[/quote

i'm 73.5cm with 31" inseam so that makes sense.
we're both at that height it seems where you can make either a 54 or 56 work. do you get toe overlap as well?
i race currently on a supersix and caad12 both in 54 and have toe overlap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah still has toe overlap, my Evo and SuperX does also, only bike I have without overlap is my Felt IA and Slice
Quote Reply

Prev Next