Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Boulder 70.3 Run Course Announcement for 2019
Quote | Reply
Lollipop loop that stays east of the Boulder Res.
I think I prefer the two loops of the old course but maybe this is better with less cars / dirt roads.

https://vimeo.com/...8V1US2LSgFlJAmrpsh-w
Quote Reply
Re: New Boulder 70.3 Run Course Announcement for 2019 [JackArbor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMHO, this loop sucks ass. But so did the old loop.

So much good running around Boulder, none of it is around the reservoir
Quote Reply
Re: New Boulder 70.3 Run Course Announcement for 2019 [JackArbor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t watch the whole video but does this mean the new loop isn’t on gravel? I’m not from Boulder so the road names don’t really help me much.
Quote Reply
Re: New Boulder 70.3 Run Course Announcement for 2019 [Diechrome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the exception of that ~1 mile stretch on 63rd (which was also part of the old course) it is all gravel still. I ran on 55th today and the roads were like a washboard, so avoiding that is probably for the best. Without the rollers on that road it'll probably be even flatter than it was before too!

Fourth year Elite.
- AP Racing Team
- Dimond Bikes
- Strava
- Insta
Quote Reply
Re: New Boulder 70.3 Run Course Announcement for 2019 [swimbikenap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. It's going to be very flat and exposed. Almost every (if not every) triathlon race in boulder uses some variation of this course. It's decently good gravel to race on, but man is it exposed to the sun. Functionally, it's basically the same as the original course so whatever training you have been doing for that course applies to this course. There are only the smallest of "hills" on this course. Spectator friendly.

Gonna be hot (almost certainly), flat, and maybe a bit breezy. Multiple turnaround points as well so running down people (if I can) should provide a bit of entertainment and incentive.
Quote Reply
Re: New Boulder 70.3 Run Course Announcement for 2019 [JacobB1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spectator friendly? Without driving to get out onto the run course and with no foot access on the dam road, I can't wait to see the horde of spectators at the end of the dam road at the turn around for lap 2. That area is very tight and there will be an aid station and Reservoir Rd will be closed with bikes still coming in off Diagonal. I suppose the little out and back loop to finish is cool but Jesus, that is one exposed and soul-sucking run. Though less spectator friendly, a run into town to finish like the full was would be much more cool to athletes and offering some protection.
Quote Reply