Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Bike
Quote | Reply
I am interested in getting something new. I am looking inot an Abicici Time Machine, Kestrel Talon SL, Felt S22, a Cervelo P2k, and possibly the Elite Razor. I realize that there are vast differences between these bikes.

Any feedback would be great.

rusty

"Strategy? The strategy was in the preparation" - Lance Armstrong after winning 2000 TDF
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike [Rusty D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll bite. I can only comment on the Cervelo with any experience. I just bought a P2K this winter and have put several hundred miles on it so far this spring. It's a great triathlon bike and I'm happy I purchased it. It's fast, comfortable, and sexy looking. My only complaints are the stock gearing selection is very tough and the rear facing wheel drops are rather tricky (at least for me).
The small chainring is a 43, not the 39 I had on my last bike. This together with an 11-23 cassette means too much out of the saddle efforts for my limited climbing ability. I just moved the 11-23 to my aero race wheels and got a 12-25 for the Ritchey's. We'll see how this works. I would seriously think about modifying the stock configuration to better suit your climbing. Remember that our goal is to maintain a high cadence and run a good third leg afterwards.
I have the set screws on the rear wheel drop set with a good bit of clearance between the tire and the cut out, but somehow (I think from picking up road grit during a wet ride) I have rubbed the paint off of the top portion of the cut out and have topped my rear tire. This is an annoyance and I'm not too sure what happened, but it is something to keep in mind.
Other than these two minor problems. I've been extremely happy with the P2K and look forward to some solid races this summer. Hopefully IM Wisconsin will go well and I can improve on my rather weak bike split.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Felt S32 because of Tom D's review on his site. I ordered it from Cody Smith at bicyclesports.com and they upgraded the front and rear ders to ultegra, put an Azoto tri-gel saddle on it, added C2 bars and made it virtually the same bike as the S22 but at a total cost of almost 200 dollars less than the S22. I think I originally just wanted the the S22 because it was sexy and black, but now I know red rules. I've ridden it almost 500 miles in the past 3 weeks and I don't have a single complaint. I really love it. If this bike fits you, buy it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of the five bikes you listed only the Elite Razor is custom built to your exact individual specifications (tube lengths), which is a huge, huge, plus. This, in my opinion makes it the best choice if the bikes you listed.

Getting a custom frame means you get a better fit, which means you are more relaxed, more efficient and less sore (!), all of which ties into faster times. Trust me, every pro you see at events has a custom fit - why shouldnt we?

P.S. I think Elite is the only brand on your list that is made in the US. This may not matter to you, but it did to me when I bought it, and after what some other countries said/did during the build up to the war, I'm glad I did! I am very happy with my Elite, and i think the custom fit had alot to do with that. Call the guy who owns Elite (I forgot his name) and see what it would take to get you fitted correctly...

Quote Reply