Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Balance 1500 as a Training Shoe?
Quote | Reply
Looking for opinions on using the NB 1500 V5 as a training shoe. My son has X-country coming up so I took him to local running store to try on the Kinvara. He ended up not liking the wide toe box and the salesman ended up selling us the NB 1500. Doing my research on the shoe I noticed it is a racing shoe. Does this matter? For what its worth my son will have racing spikes, is 5'1" and about 95lbs so pretty light on his feet. Thanks for any thoughts

Jeff S.
Last edited by: Ann Arbor Jeff: Aug 3, 19 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: New Balance 1500 as a Training Shoe? [Ann Arbor Jeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m quite a bit heavier, but still use the 1500 as a racing and training shoe. Love it and the new 1500 for this fall is even better.
No harm in using it as a training shoe if it matches your son’s running form.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New Balance 1500 as a Training Shoe? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks that is good to hear. For 7th grade track last year he ran in the NB Zante had some arch issues so looking for a little more support with this shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: New Balance 1500 as a Training Shoe? [Ann Arbor Jeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There should be no issues for your son. Just listen to him through the season. If he starts complaining about being sore after the initial phase of training and racing it may simply be that the shoes are worn out. It’s fair to expect less durability in a racing flat over a standard training shoe. Everything on the shoe is built to save weight. So the rubber outsole is thinner, the midsole is thinner and the heel counter is also slightly thinner. All of this simply mean’s they will break down faster.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply